A fun day fishing with my little 6 Year Old Cousin-Story and Pictures

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Feb 12, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey ya'll, I went to Raleigh, NC. Saturday afternoon and stayed until today(sunday) afternoon. I took my little 6 year old cousin (Ian) fishing this morning. We went to this little lake that is stocked with a bunch of decent channel cat's, not that we caught any....LOL But we really had a great time, it was pretty cold and real windy but my little cousin didnt even complain! He was very patient the whole time and didnt complain about not getting a whole lot of bites he just sat back in his little chair and enjoyed being out there. I am really proud of him! His parents never take him fishing, or anyone else besides me for that matter, which is a shame because he really likes to fish.

Ok, I did catch one TINY channel....well I snagged him in his tail. On such a big pole, thought I had some grass on my line....LOL!!! Ya'll dont laugh at me too bad for that one.:rolleyes: We did get alot of bites, just didnt hook them.

Hope ya'll enjoy the pictures!:)

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Some more pictures from today.......

Attached Files:

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

You said it, you had fun. That is all that matters.

Ray

4. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

you look like you had a good time keep taking him and he will be out fishing you in no time ..... lol

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh yeah, I also had went fishing saturday night for just a little bit. But got skunked, but it was fun just getting out there!

Here's the pictures from night time fishing, my little cousin couldnt come with me, it was past his bedtime and I couldnt sneak him out in my tackle box....LOL:p

Attached Files:

6. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Looked like a fun day for both of you.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, he is a Katmaster Jr in training...LOL:p

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Way to go Mate!!
    thanks for sharing the pics
    Larry

9. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Looks like you had a real good time!! Too bad you didn't catch anything though. It's always fun to catch fish when your with a family member!

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep, I do wish my cousin had caught something though. I love how he get's all excited when he catches one. He fishes with a little ultralight 4ft pole, and man when those channel cats would bite his pole today it looked crazy!...lol I had it locked down behind a picnic table there and it would bend way over and he would go crazy trying to get the pole from behind the table...lol Then I think he picked up one of my habits of trying to set the hook as hard as he can....lol He would grab it and do a little scream, set the hook real hard, and then when he realized he didnt have one he would get a bad look on his face...LOL But never did he give up!

Zakk:)

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Zakk, I think you should use that first picture as your avatar, it says a lot! lol I have a hat like that but never wear it fishing, but then I don't ice fish lol I cant wait to get my Little fishing buddy out. Thanks for sharing.

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL!!! Ahhh...I knew ya'll would have something to say about that....:rolleyes: Well if I had a REAL fish in it then I might would use it to give me a "Good" image....LOL:p

Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

13. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Zakk, the pictures are good:) , the hat is great:p , but the thought of you being out there with your little cousin is the best of all:thumbsup: . I think you are a great role model.

14. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Zakk, you are being a great cousin and a super role-model for that lil' guy! You're providing him with some great memories and experiences that will last him a lifetime. He's lucky to have you for his cousin.

15. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Keep trying with your family man, it is the best of both worlds. If you can get him on some big fish he will absolutely adore you for it. I had my 12 year old nephew on a huge flathead last year. He set the hook hard and got pulled on his face!!! Eventually he lost the fight but, I got a couple good looks at a 30# or more flathead on a 12 year old kids line. He couldn't quit talking about that all night, he wasn't the only one disapointed that he lost that fish. I had my dad out with me one night which is rare as he is phisically unable to do much. We got skunked but, had one of the better times of my life that night. Keep doing what your doing, you are being a great role model!!

16. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Any time shared with those who share you passion is a great time. Years from now its not how many fish you caught or who caught the biggest that will be remembered. I lost my father last year and miss just sitting back and talking. Most often it was over a fishing rod or in a camper waiting for a storm to blow over. I know we caught fish more often than not, but mostly I remember the laughs.

Never, I mean never pass up an opportunity to spend time with a loved one..

17. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    nice pictures,glad to see you guys had fun,some of my best times are when i get out with my 5y/o

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's, and yeah it wil diffently be good memories for the both of us. I live about 2hr away from him so I dont get to take him fishing near as much as I would like to. But everytime I get a chance, I take him.

Zakk.:)

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Katmaster you are a good man for taking that young fella. You are welcome on my boat anytime! Anybody that takes the time to do something like that should be commended.

I read your profile...you like 70's rock and roll and you are 15???? Sweet...we would get along great, except for the fact that I have a 14 year-old daughter....LOL!!!

Now fess up, did you make him carry everything back and forth from the car?

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks man. Yep my dad taught me well on the music I guess...lol

Yeah, I made him carry the stuff. But only the the 10-11ft poles, the tackle box, the chairs, etc....LOL:p But I did bait his hook for him and we happen to be using stink bait this time!!!....LOL I dont like using that stuff much but didnt have a choice really....:eek:

Take it easy, Zakk.:)