A friend and I are going try to land a nice catfish this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by kycatman01, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    One of my friends and I are going to try to get out this weekend. I was wondering if anyone is using bluegills to fish with this year. Also, is anyone night fishing much? THX!

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

If I could get out I'd be going night fishing and using live gills and goldfish! I'd say they will be turning on with these warmer temps.It probably won't be long till the channels start nesting.I've seen a cpl bass that were full of eggs so I'd say the cats are soon to follow!

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am going to try to catch some bluegills and use them. I hope to catch a few Flatheads. Man, I love to catch them! By the way, Is the Ohio River up real high right now?

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'm not sure about the river.The only time i've been out of the house since Monday PM is to get my meds refilled.I'll try and get a visual of it this evening for you...The Russell bridge is about 5 minutes away from me.
    I'm like you,I love to catch flatheads more than any other fish!!!:big_smile:

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Don't make a special trip to check the river level out on my account. You need to recoperate from your surgery. If you do have to go by there that will be great. I thought you may have been by there. I am planning to head to the Ohio soon and was just wondering. Flatheads are my Favorite catfish also. Man them thing can fish when they take a notion. Take care and hope to meet up for a night(or day) of fishing soon. Keep me posted on your catches and I will do the same.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That would be pretty cool to meet you and wet a line.We'll have to meet up over by the dam when I get healed up.I go back and see the surgeon May 8th,hope to get partial clearance by then.I gotta put some points on the fish off board! I'll let you know what I found out about the river.I need to get out for a ride soon anyway,stayin in is getting boring!
    We'll go for a night of chasing flatties here soon! They are my favorite fish to pull on my line.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Is it to late to get in the fishoff? How much is it?

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Its already started but there may be another one when this one ends.This one is over in July and there is usually a second one.I think this one was like $6 to get in.Its pretty cool!

9. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I got in the one last August. I think I caught a 9 lber. I will get in the next one. Good luck to you, man!

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thank You! I appreciate it! This is my first time being in one of these.I just hope to be able to contribute to my team a little bit!