A few trapping pics

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by KYTRAPPER, Jun 1, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Phillip great pics, thanks for sharing.

2. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I hope you change your mind one day and start trapping again. You would supprised how little an animal will suffer in traps when they are properly set up. The us and states govts still trap to relocate wolves, otters ect with no ill effect. Im sorry but I dont think its lazy at all. Espically beaver. Many furbearers can only be trapped so thier is no other alternative to harvesting them. Well good luck and I hope you change your mind some day.:big_smile:

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice Photos, I use to trap alot when I was 12 up to I was 18, lots of long mornings and missing school if I got several foxes, I miss it alot too.

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good looking pics! What is that white stuff on the beaver? It almost looks like snow, but I would not know as I have not seen any in so many years. :big_smile:

5. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Yea snow:big_smile: . tripped and fell in the water and ice covered with snow the day after that pic was taken. Cold bath:crazy:

6. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Thats some nice pics, I wish I still ran traps, I just don't have any place to set em. But I did have a blast when I did it, what price do the hides bring now?

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Phillip: that is a good question

What does the beaver and raccoons and reds bring in now for prime ?

8. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ya, what you getting up there? Down here this year we got $7 a round green.

9. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice pics! There's a couple of big ol' flattails there! lol, I hate skinnin' those things though . This past season & got $15 for reds & $16 on beaver...lol, got a couple bucks more apiece for stinky ol' coyotes :big_smile: , coon (depending on size) $5-13. (Price was for all put-up fur).

Good job Phillip, looking forward to seeing more pics this coming season!

Smitty

10. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i always appreciate some critters in a trap. now you know youve done something when you get a very wary and smart critter! nice job on em though!!!!!!!:lol:

11. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    way to go nice pics

12. trapperboy

trapperboy New Member

State:
    illinois
    awsome pics good looking fur.

justice

13. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nice pics, I tried all last season and have yet to catch a bobcat.

14. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    nice pics good job I wanna trap just no place to do it well actually my granny lives out in the country and trapping is legal but i dont have anyplace to buy the traps. looks like im missing out. LOL

15. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There all sorts of Trapping Supply shops you can order from over the internet, just do a browser search for "Trapping Supplies".......and you'll be busy looking for awhile. Also, look-up your State Trapping Associations website & see when your State Convention is being help.....it's basically a trapping "swap-meet", along with some experienced trappers putting-on demos & sharing their experience.

Smitty