Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and i must say it is very impressive ans informative. I am 18 and have been fishing the rivers around pittsburgh for years with my friends. We usually go for channels and carp; but now i want to start targeting big flatties. I usually fish in duck hollow across from the waterfront if anyone knows where that is. I am wondering were to get the bluegills or other baitfish to fish for the flatties with. I rairly catch any in the rivers but it may be because i do not target them. Also any spots that are easy to fish from shore (that your willing to tell me :secret: ). Thank you guys!

·
Registered
435 Posts
IDK about where you live but from hamburg down to philly finding sunnies in the skuke etc is scarce. Your better off going to a local pond or lake and using meal worms or mr twisters. Get a 5 gallon bucket and a bubble box to keep them alive..

·
Banned
718 Posts
Be glad to help ya out with any areas around here.Bait spots are a no-no.That,s like asking somebody to sleep with their wife!!!:Nop:
LMAO!!!!! man now that north park is drained bait is worth gold anymore LOL. like pat said i can help you with some spots around the burgh. never gone over your way just mainly on the ohio and allegheny. welcome to the best site for cats, always nice to see more yinzer on here. tight lines justin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. i found a pond close to my house with an abundance of panfish so im gonna grab some and head down the river with them. ironically there are cats in the pond i found i pulled out a fue bulls and a 5lb channel not to mention huge carp. wheres a good spot to wet a line for flatties near the burgh?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Look, any big city like Pittsburgh has a city park with ponds in them. Just got there and pluck out your 50 gills and leave. Screw whoever looks at you weird!:shock:
No city parks with ponds tan.1 major county park with a lake close to the city,it,s drained for the next year and a half for renovation.There,s some smaller township ponds around,but their mostly all C+R only.

·
Banned
718 Posts
any fish between 4-12+ inches is bait: bluegills,crappie,bass,suckers,chubs,carp,trout,warmouths,and anything else i can't think of right now. thats for live bait, for cut bait sky is the limit the bigger the fish the more cut bait you have. use the heads there killer, good luck and tight lines justin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.