Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at heading out from my house on monday the 24th and fishing until the next day and coming home the 25th... With only having a trolling motor where should I go? I fished rosie for about 5 hours with the trolling motor on the whole time so I think it will last a while. What lake would be the best sounds like Bartlett but I wouldn't know where to go.... I can go for about 2 miles one way with the motor I have and the Cantoon is sturdy enough to go on the mail lake ( I know im nutzzzz). Now the thing is can anyone point me on a good spot to hook up to a flat or if someone wants to meet me out there i'll bring the bait!!!

G

·
I'm looking at heading out from my house on monday the 24th and fishing until the next day and coming home the 25th... With only having a trolling motor where should I go? I fished rosie for about 5 hours with the trolling motor on the whole time so I think it will last a while. What lake would be the best sounds like Bartlett but I wouldn't know where to go.... I can go for about 2 miles one way with the motor I have and the Cantoon is sturdy enough to go on the mail lake ( I know im nutzzzz). Now the thing is can anyone point me on a good spot to hook up to a flat or if someone wants to meet me out there i'll bring the bait!!!
matt u would have more fishable waters from rosie with alot more holding areas and structure that is close enough to school house boat ramp .. Bart i dont think u would have enough juice in ur troller to get where ya wanna be. my 2 cents oh yeah leave the damn bass poles at home.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking Rosie but I have fished it so many times and havent hooked up yet I guess its just a matter of time tho... but I want to learn bartlett too... Like I said just someone point me to a good spot on any lake i'll troll as far as i can and if i run out of juice ill oar all the way to where i need to go!!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Matt, I tried from Schoolhouse with one battery to go to upper salt in my 12' inflatable couple of years ago, paddling a 12' inflatable with a breeze back to Schoolhouse is no fun. If you can drop your boat in a Eads wash, drift down and save your battery, it may get you back up. I have done this and worked good. The flow in a couple of weeks may not make it sound so crazy. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Matt, I tried from Schoolhouse with one battery to go to upper salt in my 12' inflatable couple of years ago, paddling a 12' inflatable with a breeze back to Schoolhouse is no fun. If you can drop your boat in a Eads wash, drift down and save your battery, it may get you back up. I have done this and worked good. The flow in a couple of weeks may not make it sound so crazy. Good Luck!
WHO'S BOAT

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hey Jim, It is my boat. It is kinda like a large personal flotation device with a trolling motor. I think the only one who has seen it is snagged 2{Greg}. I was waiting to have a big flat in my hands with the boat to post a pic, it hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Hey Jim, It is my boat. It is kinda like a large personal flotation device with a trolling motor. I think the only one who has seen it is snagged 2{Greg}. I was waiting to have a big flat in my hands with the boat to post a pic, it hasn't happened yet.
Aye,, she be a stealthy craft,,,, quiet, and hard to see!!! Mike was motoring around catching the gills in fine fashion..

Matt,, Where you put in before is probably as good a bet as any,,, Just hang around the point there,, fish the likely looking areas, etc.. There's bait hanging around there as well!!!

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I think not having a gas motor kinda puts a cramp in things at eather lake the wind always seems to blow from the west at rosi and if your motor dies you are sol if it picks up. I think the eads wash would be the best bet if you have bait just hit thouse holes around there you will pound somthing. I just don't want you to go Mia but it is your boat

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
my bad was just trying to bust catfish yahoo's balls but I will endevor to persaver in your efforts lol:biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.