A few pictures of the river last weekend

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by puppypal, Jul 21, 2009.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    LOL note no pictures of mr. Teethy or Mr. Slimey thing, Nor many fish. But fun is was. The weather was great and we had a blast.
    1. Darryl a friend by the calm rock pond and the roaring river dam
    2. Me of course on the calm side! LOL:wink:
    3. raysplay re-doing his line because of a hang up

Attached Files:

2. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    4. tallmanrus @ river

5. robert by the rock pond on the roaring side

6. tallmanrus multi-tasking
    a. waiting on a bite from mr. Whiskers
    b. chattn with Mrs. Tallmanrus

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    river sure looks low----bet yall had fun

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Dang I thing Robert needs a longer rod.:smile2: Nice pics.

5. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Dang glenda ,with all the fish you were catching how did you have time to take pics , i didnt even know you took any :smile2:

6. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Right on Tall,

Nice pic's, """ Knobby Knees"" :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Looks like fun Robert, that is all that counts !!!!!!!

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Good looking fishing hole. Where's it located and how do I get there other than drive my Chevy?

8. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    That are some good pics puppy ,no way i could fish there me an all that rip rap would not get along ,no place to tuck an roll while falling down :wink::smile2:

9. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Very nice pics...looks awful fishy.Thanks for sharing.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Looks like you guys had a great time:big_smile:

11. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Just happen to notice that nice looking black and blue pole stuck in the rocks looks just like mine (It is mine):cool2:. Y es the water is down and fishing is slow but what I like about the dams @ river it can change @ any moment. squitspop the area is LD #5 Jeferson the way to drive to the dam is depending were you are coming from the best way I can tell you is if you are comeing from the north is to go to little rock AR. take I-30 to I-530 south you will go about twenty or so miles to a town called redfield pas that exit to the next exit the Jeferson NCTR exit take a left on stagecouch road to the stop sighn take another left go a couple 10ths mile and on the right you will see a sighn saying lock and dam #5 6miles follow it to the dam but if you coming by boat take Redfield exit to Tar camp and there is a boat ramp go right on river and lock thru. hope that will help.
    Puppypal thanks for posting pictures honey but could you snap a little better picture of DH than bent over pushing that gut out.:embarassed:

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Oh, honey just remember when i met ya you were awful boney! Worked hard on that belly! WINK! took me years of cakes and cookies to get ya beefed up! LOL.
    It takes a while to get used to all them rocks but that is part of bank fishing i am told. Got to get down right with them to catch the big ones.
    DH and I went back a couple weeks later and that mind ya was the wet rainy weekend. Picture the bannana yellow rain suit with rubber boats and me on the rock while it is pouring.....I decided I was going be a big girl and climb the pile of rocks by the wall of the lock. Made it up there :wink:wasn't quite sure if i was going to get down:eek:oooh: but After a bit my legs and back told it was time:confused2::confused2:. Not to mention the warden came down to us and wrote me a warning ticket:cool2: for sitting on top of the wall. Kept telln him it was ay more comfortable but lol didn't really matter :tounge_out:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  13. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Just in case everyone has lost our number - seeing how I am still unemployed and have all the time in the world to fish usually - all it takes is a call and I am 99% sure I can make it!

HERE IT IS! (501) 315-0178 home (501) 249-2016 cell

LOOKS LIKE YA"LL HAD FUN! NICE PIC'S!

Ready to fish whenever anyone else is!

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i know right? outta be able to put some lead in greenville with that thang.

15. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Newton glad to see u posting on here last nite an today :wink:

16. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Dickie im puttin you on my must fish with list. got me a national map on my wall with stick pins stuck in places ive fished. now i need to make one of these trips to see mama, a stop and see jollymon trip.

17. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thanks glenda for the preveiw of what to expect, kinda hard to get a scale of things from the birds eye view.