A few pics of Greenup Locks & Dam.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishjohn, Mar 29, 2007.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    What's up with the big "pad" there? Is that public access?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

It didn't look like it was.The water was way up though.I hadn't been over on that side in a lot of years! It would be cool if you can get over there.I plan on going back over later on in the Summer.

3. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    cool man, i bet theres some bigguns in there. Maybe we can go there sometime this summer.

4. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    John,
    Thanks for the pictures.Water level looks about the same above and below the dam.Was anyone fishing?
    Jake

5. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    You cannot fish off that big pad but if you look at the one picture that looks like two hoops sticking up out of the water? Thats a concrete walkway that you can fish from when the waters is at normal stage. You can see the flat walking path leading down to it from the parking area. Those large rocks or rip wrap you see in the picture extends way out in the river there, probably tons of sinkers out there also.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks! I was pretty sure there was a walkway when the water is down normal.It had been many years since I had been there and never at day time.That would be a good place for a get together.Probably better than the Ashland boat ramp...:roll_eyes:

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I worked on the fiber optic cable they have in the power station there a few years ago. The whole operations takes place underwater. It's wild to think there's an entire building under the river. It was neat to see. I haven't been back to that area since.