A few fish for team nutroll....

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Oct 8, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Well, we didn't quite pick up where we left off, but we caught enough fish to keep me real happy. Put in at CB and managed 8 fish in a little over 5 hours. The two biggest were 31 and 30. The rest were right around 20. No dinks or rats to speak of. We caught them in 4 different spots in a variety of depths trolling deep thunderstick jr.'s tipped with spam (thanks for the tip Ryan:wink:).

We didn't connect on the the first three slams, but we didn't miss a bite on the next 8. Odd -- as we were doing nothing different.

Attached are a few pics. It worked better after I figured out how to turn the flash back on, so I didn't capture the first three or four. Pearl was point man for both 30 lbers while I was bait reeler upper, net man and camera guy. It was sure nice to get back out there.

Attached Files:

2. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    Thanks for the story but next time take better pics so I can see the background! Just kidding I know exactly where you were, by the big willow tree next to the power plant on the top side of the dam near the Illinois bank.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those are some great looking fish, congrats and good luck in the future

4. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Interesting that hey were hitting on the spam again:roll_eyes:. No surprise that Pearl grabbed the rods for the big slams and let you handle the small fish.

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey Greg, Are you and Steve gonna make it to the shootout this weekend?

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Way to go Nutroll, Looks like you had a good time! The last few times ive been out I have been having a hard time finding them. Congrats!!!

7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Kingcat, this is very typical. When ya'll ain't catching them, which is rare -- then, I'm in them. When you're on them, then I can't get a nibble. I can't explain it, but it's happened several times this year. I mean, we are all using the same flavor of spam aren't we????

On the bright side, this is good news. It would suggest that the kitty's aren't really shutting off, it just suggest they are doing something different. At least that is what I tell my impatient crew. They are always biting somewhere......

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to crack that nut when you fellers are putting the hurt on them. For now, I believe team nutroll is getting the short end of the stick.

8. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Nice fish.Thanks for the bait tip.

9. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri

Willie,
    I think that Greg and I are going to fish the Classic this weekend. Have a great time at the Shootout and good luck.

10. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I find it hard to believe I'm the only fella that went fishing in the past 10 days. We heard some tidbits from the weekend, but it was sparse.

What has happened to all of the fishing reports??

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I went fishing Greg, and here is my fishing report......

:confused2: :sad2:

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Shawn and I went out wednesday night and got notta.
    we did get a whole bucket of shad with two throws of the net. it had to be over 100 shad all schooled up in one spot

13. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Unfortunately, we can't weigh in shad at the Classic.:roll_eyes:

14. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    It's quiet because nobody talks before a big tourny they all have lock jaw.I haven't been out at all since guys & gals last weekend.

15. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I fished all day Wednesday and my report is the same as Cuz's. :crazy: I tried Shad, Mooneye and Asian and only had a few bites. For some reason they are not coming back for a second look like they usually do. I am at a loss!!!:confused2: