A Few Disgusting Things I Miss !!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Dec 17, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, with the cold weather settling in this neck of the woods. And the prime time flathead and channel cat season over.. Here's a few gross things I actually miss....:big_smile:

1. The smell of your catboat the next morning, after the mid- summer sun has baked the blood and remaining cutbait to the floor!

2. Awaking, to realize that your hands still have fish scales on them from the bait... And then you quickly realize you ate an entire bag of chips last night also !

3. Going to work on Monday with hands all torn, scraped, and sore from holding up fish.

So whats yours? LOL........rollo

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    the taste of my last piece of sandwich after cutting up skipjack all morning.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know where you are at. I always tried to hold the sandwich by one corner only. LOL.. By the time I eat up to my index finger and thumb, I had to pitch atleast 1/3 piece anyways!!.... The smell just takes over the closer the fingers to the nose !!!!! :big_smile::crazy: rollo

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    mmmmmm bait....its whats for dinner........:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    these are things that are an easy part of life for the time, and at times a tough one! lol.... Can someone send me some stinkbait after shave? rollo

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    how about farting the next day after a long night fishing and for some reason it smells like whatever you used or everything you used for bait:eek:oooh:

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I would have to say walking into gas station or any where for that matter after a long night and someone tell you that you have glitter on your face. Or people just stand back away from ya cause the shad smell is about to gag them:smile2:. I love to see the looks on there face as they are heading to work knowing the smell is going to bug them all day.:wink:

8. Tangler

Tangler New Member

State:
    Sugarcreek, Ohi
    how about the feeling of a leaf where toilet paper is normally used?

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Careful bud, I was in and out of the hospital for 3 days a little over a year ago from that very thing....Its all fun and games until the IV bags start hanging around!:eek:oooh::crazy:

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i always enjoyed getting a little bit of a bait taste,except when i was fishing with liver or worms,lol

and i like to think that that bait smell is what pulls me and the wife closer together,whether she realizes it or not:big_smile::big_smile:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nothing better than a trunk smelling like mildew after half the water from you baitbucket has splashed out.

What's worst is if a sunny flops out and remains under the seat for a few hot summer days with your windows rolled up. The juices/slime/blood ect just soaks into the carpet/seatand stays there until December.

Kids at my school are always asking me about my cuts and soars on my hands and knuckles. If not cleaned immediately, it can lead to infection because of bacteria.

12. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Just get you a package of magic pre-molded bait... leave it open or put one of the the baits under the seat... A little warning though, your friends and family may not get in the truck for a while...

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    The smell of a cooler the next mid summer day after you forget to take the cutbait and the chicken liver out of it...:eek:oooh:...wait...I dont miss that at all.

Maybe a towel with encrusted dry catfish slime?

14. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    how about for the people that chew tobacco blood, fishsmellin, on your hands think i just put as many scalls in my mouth as chew and it tates like shad or liver or whatever you have been using for the past hours of fishing and u got that in your mouth:eek:oooh: i kinda miss it oh dont forget when u caught that big one and your so excited and your hand r still slimy and you put one in right after u let it go and didnt even wash your hand off :big_smile:

15. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    lol,my brother put a half tub of chicken livers on the bumper of my truck one time instead of throwing it in the trash.it rode on my bumper home,and lets just say,i was ready to get rid of it because i couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from.i was ready to break his legs when i finally figured out what it was.

16. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    thats a good thought on how to keep mother inlaws out of your car.:big_smile::eek:oooh:

17. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    thats what brother in laws do best.:angry:

18. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    HOW ABOUT WAKENING UP IN THE MORNING,TRYING TO REMEMBER IF THAT VINE U PULED THE LEAF FROM HAD THREE LEAVES OR FOUR.
    AND IS ONE STILL STUCK THERE WHERE THE ITCH IS.BUT U DID FIGURE WHY U NOW HAVE MORNING BREATH. AND YOUR RED MAN POUCH HAS A TAIL IN IT AND IT WIGGLES. THAT WOULD BE A GOOD DAY FISHING.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::angry::angry::confused2::confused2:

LARRY THE CABLE GUY WAS HERE

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    "A Few Disgusting Things I Miss !!! "

Yeah, I kinda miss JW too.:crazy:

20. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    HE,HE,, Good stuff....

Like, when you been fishin' for a day or two, and have resorted to combing your hair with a Rock,,, and shoving it back underneath your nasty hat that's been in the water a couple times,,,
    , You feel all nasty and grungy from sweatin', dirt, and insect repellant caked all over your exposed skin...maybe had the blessing of a hook nickin' yer finger.

Your clothes may look like the wardrobe for Johnny Cash's video,," Boy named Sue",,, from kickin' n gougin' , literally, in the Mud, Blood, N Beer!!!!

Man, I love Catfishing,,,,,,,,,,,,Yea,,,,, I can't wait!!!!!!