A few carp pics

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by wishiwasfishin, Sep 6, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I seen a post eariler today with some body asking what you think about carp fishing. Well a few weeks ago I got to playing around on the creek and had one heck of a day. Like I said these pics are a few months old but I just got my scanner working today:wink: more to come.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      12.3 KB
      Views:
    • carp.jpg
      carp.jpg
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:
    • carp1.jpg
      carp1.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
  2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Those look great. Have you ever tried them as cat bait? I see post and people say it's a great cut bait. But, since I can't seem to catch any carp, even though they are in the water, I was curious as to your luck, if any.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nice looking catches.Thanks for sharing!

4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Doesn't Matter On The Age Of The Pics,thats Still A Good Catch

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for sharing your pictures with us Jason; always enjoy looking at pictures of fish.

Jaime

6. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    .I have tried in only once and didn't have much luck but I was trying them as cut bait. The best way I found to catch these guys is to throw some corn out around the bank and I like to take a small jig head and just toss it in the middle. I always set back a little ways from the bank just to be sure not to spook them... just keep your rod with in arms length. On that day I could have had a couple big once but man they just wore that little spinning reel out:smile2:

7. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    great catch ,carp are a blast.

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wow those are nice carp! what did you catch em' on?

Did you ever use those dough powerbait? They seem to work good up here. Flour.Ornge,yellow & those "sparkleworms".

9. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    No these were caught on corn but a bait that i have used is spinach,vanilla,cornflakes and Karo syrup. Don't ask me how to mix it I just throw a little of each in the bowl till I get what I want..it works. I have also added peanut butter to it.There should be and old post of mine about it but lord knows where it is these days.

10. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Those look YUMMY! When I was a kid, my Grandma made the dough-ball bait, and my Grandpa would take me with him and we would catch alot of carp. Then, Grandpa would clean them, Grandma would cook them, and they got a big kick out of watching me eat them and brag about who got the biggest fish!

11. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    I have always said I was going to clean one sometime but I just never got around to it. I have heard they are not a bad fish to eat.