A Fate Worse Than Death?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dip, Jun 10, 2006.

1. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    took family for week's vacation in a state northwest of ohio not known for catfishin. drove in wife's car so no room for any cat gear anyhow. passed over the mississippi, the rock, the wabash, the illinois........... ad nauseum:angry: . beautiful BIG rivers and small ones too. PURE TORTURE! :confused2: estimate seeing (NO BULL!) at least 500 deep-V lunds, at least 200 alumacraft deep-v, and quite a few crestliners and fishers and trackers.............:eek:oooh: now i'm back in stinkin ohio probly gonna fish for channels 2nite. whoop-di-doo:sad2:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    LMAO!!! That is the same thing that happens to me when I have to go on long trips. Sorry Brother!!!

I bet you know what to do next time though, LOL!!!

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    There just ain't no other words for this...that sucks. You're gonna have to plan a week long trip out there and try all of them. But, some catfish are better'n no catfish. Even if they are little finicky channels:big_smile:. So, good luck anyhow on the catfishin' tonight.

-Red

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have to agree with reed on this amen brother

5. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry to hear that brother, I know what you mean, I have been working 50 hr weeks so I can't fish the Rock either yet but I will.

6. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    yeah, next time we take my old pick-em-up truck and boat and wife/kid can watch tv in motel while i go after some cats! and if you believe that! HAHAHA

7. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey whats wrong with channel cats? they are one of my FAVORITES!!!!! lol dont make in fun of em cuz at least your goin catfishin. be thankful that your actually taking part in this fishing because not too many do. i guess i cant complain because sometimes im forced to catch bluegills for snappers and im wishin i was channel fishin! just be glad you went:roll_eyes:

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Been there done that Dip & it does stink.

9. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    If room in the family car is an issue,I can help you out.I still have a couple of vintage 'Pocket Fisherman's' from the 70's.It's only 18" fully extended (I guess nobody remembers what I'm talkin' about)

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, Ohio does not have much in the way of good catfishing waters.

11. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Now your talking,your boat is like a visa card,you should never leave home without it....LOL

12. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    I CRIED A FEW TIMES IN iOWA AS WELL!:sad2: my pappy had a popeil (?) pocket fisherman back in the day. be tuff to fish the sippi from the shore with one.:lol: what kinda fishin they got in clear lake in Iowa?

13. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey John them pocket fishermans are collectors items. You might want to hold on to them.

14. heeler

heeler New Member

State:
    missouri
    Don't know about you,but me taking my truck and boat on a family vacation would fly like a lead ballon

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My Grand Dad had the same problem. He was a dedicated Trout fisherman from Canada. He found his solution in those old telescoping car antenna's.(Remember them?) He always kept a bunch of them and some tackle in the trunk and he'd tuck them in his back pocket and head into the woods. I remember sitting on the side of the road with my mom and Grandmother waiting for him to come back from some stream we drove over on the way Aunt so & so's house.

16. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    When I go on vacation this year I'm taking rod & reels and the family. Of corse it will be the National Gathering.

17. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jeez, if I ever left Mrs. Safetybass on the side of the road while I went and fished . . . . . I can't afford the outcome of that! But there's no way I'm taking a cross country vacation without a rod and some equipment!

18. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    You need to buy some pvc pipe with screw on ends, put your rod and reel in, put a rack on top of the car and whamo you got fishing gear with you. I would have to put about three of them up there though. They can go do what they want and I'll go fishing.