Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

A Facebook question....

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jeremiad 
#1 ·
I signed up with a bogus name to facebook to see just what the heck it was all about. They showed a friends suggestion list that had folks that I actually know and a bunch of BOC members too.
I'm thinkin' of only one way they do that is: my email has been givin' away by facebook members that have it and that chains-up with the others? how do they do it?:confused2:

#2 ·
if you used your normal email, yes it happened because they have sent you a message to get you to join. And then if you have the email address of the people you know in your address book, then yes it will pop up with them as friend suggestions! Hope this helps.....:big_smile:

#7 ·
Possibly its from your computer log in or however that works, if you say yoiu are in one area, computers will show singles in the area you are actually at, not where you say you are.

All computer users have an account number, so even if you say you are Mr Coke the net knows you are Dr Pepper. Something like that.

#9 ·
You mean an ip addy. Mines in steath mode and changes every time I sign on. It's really got to be from people sharing my email address- which I'm not real happy about....
Its from your email Bill no worries I just joined it a couple of months ago and I have been able to find peeps that i served with over 20 years ago I think its great.

#13 ·
I'm surprised that so many catfishermen are jumping on Facebook, especially the oldtimers! :tounge_out:

I figure I have too much exposure on the Internet already. I would rather remain under the radar as much as possible! For this reason and a number more, Facebook, MySpace, and so forth, are places I won't be hangin' out.

Different strokes...Peace! :cool2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.