A different kind of love song.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

about the love between a man and the sea. I absolutely adore this song; in my mind there's always a correlation between this and "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway, which I love also. I hope you folks enjoy the music and video, I did :big_smile:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mkE_ZvLOAg

2. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    good message , I think that song was done a long time ago but I don't remember
    who it was. Thanks for some of the memory's .. Now I've got to look for that record...ha ha. very good remake though.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Tanya - The Little River Band had a bunch of good songs back in the 70's and "Cool Change" was certainly one of them! :big_smile:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well yep, that song was done a long time ago, but that link wasn't to a remake. That was Little River Band, it's their song. I b'lieve it was released about 1979, or somewhere thereabouts......went to #1 on the Billboard charts. The video is something created for youtube I would assume, I've never seen an original video for "Cool Change". Not surprising though, the video revolution was more of an 80s thing.

LRB played this past year at our city's Oktoberfest - still as awesome as ever. :cool2:

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Cool Change now that was a great song I remember from my high school days.Another was Hot Rod Hearts by robbie Dupree.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:smile2: Ed - I owned the "Robbie Dupree" album, circa 1980. I like "Steal Away" better than "Hot Rod Hearts" though :big_smile:. He was a two-hit wonder.

7. VideoGuy

VideoGuy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I like the video. Good stuff.

8. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Good one Tanya. I hadn't heard that tune in years. Now I've got to sit down and learn that one. I believe my friends at the coast will like to hear it again. Thanks,
    Bigwhiskers