A day to remember

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by SubnetZero, Jul 25, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    A few years ago, I had been doing some work with the local FBI. As a special treat, I got invited out to the training range.. They brought out alot of their arsenal. 40 cal Glocks, 12 gauge Shotguns, 9mms, full auto AR15, 45 cal "Tommy" gun, Mp5 Navy, a few others...They also broke out boxes and boxes of ammo and said I could shoot as much as I wanted...They put up the standard "body" outline targets and had Line instructors there as well..

My Two favorites were the Glock and the MP5..

No idea what their "Standard" issue Model was/is, but the .40 Glock I shot that day was dead nutz accurate.. After about the 4th or 5th clip, I was shooting right up and down the thin framing line on the edge of the target... Was absolutely a sweet sweet shooting weapon...

The MP5 actually shot a "pistol" round (I believe also .40).. It had semi, 3 shot auto, and Full auto features on it.. Semi, you could put the round anywhere you wanted.. 3 shot, I could get the 1st where ever I wanted, second was a little off, 3rd way off :embarassed:.. Never could get the hang of any full autos that day hehe.. Tommy gun was basically a line going straight up from where my first round hit :crazy:.. I did watch the Line Instructor empty an entire clip into the chest of the body target which basically shredded the middle section of the target(If you ever shoot one, thats pretty damn impressive imho). Its a constant waterfall of brass when your shooting that thing...

They also brought down one of their snipers who showed his custom made weapon, custom rounds for various situations (special rounds for shooting through glass, metal, etc), and then grouped 3 rounds at 400 yards on a target little bigger than 1/2 dollar...

Later on, I got to hang out and watch some the agents "qualify" for their weapons...All in all, a fantastic day in which I'll probably never forget..:big_smile:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like an awsome time ,I aint much into assault type weapons but I get that way quick every time i take my SKS to the range .Its a blast to shoot and ammo is reletively cheap.

3. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That would be great to watch!!!!!

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tim, I'm sure that was great. I sure would like to been there.

Never met but two FBI people, several years ago two came to our house inquiring about our neighbor across the street. They were with us quite awhile. Our neighbor had applied for a position with the FBI.... and he got the job! :big_smile:

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Well, I've worked with em a number of times..Back in the day, I was CTO for a regional ISP.. About once or twice a month, Either the FBI, State Troopers, or Sheriff dept. would come by on their way to the courthouse to give me a headsup that a subpoena was on its way. I'd find out what all they wanted, let em know what all to put in their subpoena and start getting the info they wanted put together.. I gotta tell ya, The first few times somebody came to my office saying "uhhh, Tim ? there is an FBI guy out here looking you" with a scared look on their face, made me think of anything I've ever done wrong going all the way back to childhood :smile2: (oh @!#@ does he know about that pack of gum I swiped in grade school?)

Later on, and the reason I got invited, I was involved with an initiative they had called Infragaurd.. I was on the steering committee for the local chapter.. The first conference we met alot of the regional Agents and Directors.. From my experiences above, I knew couple of them. I was introduced to others as "Oh, hey, this is the guy I was telling you about" .. heh.. Pretty odd feeling to think FBI talking about ya..

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Tim thanks for sharing, I bet that was a hoot. Glad it wasn't me though. Badges make me uncomfortable. Must be the "naughty" boy in me.....I can imagine that pregnant moment when one said go ahead, pick it up an give it a try.....First I'd have to lower my hands, LOL.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sounds like an awesome time tim, thanks for sharing the story with us!