A day on the jetty.

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by C_wernett, Dec 21, 2007.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Finally got up the gall to climb the rocks out at the jetty at a little spot I like to fish...and boy was it worth it! Even with 50 degree temps and a NE wind 20-25, I had a pretty good day!

Ended up with two black drum in the 6lbs range, one around 3lbs, and a number of runts, but I hooked up with one...I have no idea how big it was, BIG!!! Over 20, I know that much. Also got a bakers dozen of TB sheephead, and three rat reds, maxing out at 16" well under slot.

There were nice specks caught earlier in the day, and I just missed the bite. There was also a nice school of false albacore working just off the beach along the jetty, that I wasn't prepared for...maybe tomorrow. I've got a vendetta with a monster to settle!

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice day man! Jason had a good day on the river today as well. Wish I could have been out on the water. Today would have been a good day to be fishing topwater near the ditch at Sutton for some bass. Oh well, such is the plight of the working man.

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you ever wonder, yeah, I take pictures of nearly everything I catch! lol I'm just lazy and it takes me a while to get around to resizing them...but here is a picture of the 5 1/2 and 6lbs. black drum from this trip!

Attached Files: