A DAY FOR BAIT

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishbrett, May 5, 2008.

1. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    I wanted to do some catfishing this week so i figured i'd go catch a bunch of bait for the week today. my brother and myself started out fishing a pretty big creek we have around our house, home to some big chubs.!!NO LUCK!! After that failed we went to a public fishing lake up the road to catch some gills (IT WAS PACKED) got myself all set up found a big school of gill by a fallin tree,caught about three and that was it they just shutdown.Just up the road a few miles there is a strip pond that i fish alot loaded with gills so i figured i'd give it a try.As we pulled in i saw that the farmers cows were all down there drinking out of the pond.Wondering what else can happen i went down anyways to give it a shot. BOOM BOOM BOOM one right after the next JUMBO GILL,we filled the 5 gal bucket up with about 30 of them and left.we have them out in our pond in a basket just waiting to go to the frying pan. Started the day fishing for bait finshed they day with fish ohio gill. i know that most of us catfishermen would take these gill straight the the river or lake and throw them on the hook and wait.But once you have eatin a panfry on jumbo gill your belly wont let you LOL. what a day i had:smile2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day fishing. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed the fish. I know my mouth is watering now

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    You are right Brett ... nothing much better than a batch of fresh fillets frying with a heap of fried taters ...... Garry- :wink:

4. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio

I agree with Garry... Thats some good eatin!

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yep,that sounds like some good food,lol

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Aside from maybe a crappie, bluegill is my favorite fish to eat!

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like it turned out to be a great day, way to go!