a day at the river - 3 Blue Catfish Caught!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Jan 10, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well newt and i hit the river today with 3 blues caught-2,3,5 lb and newt got his pb falthead

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      41.6 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Tall, Newton was telling me all about y'alls fishing trip. I heard Ashley poked the Flat Heads belly one to many times and scared her when it flipped flopped with it's mouth open. :smile2:
    Wish I was able to go along with y'all. But I will be at the Nuke Plant for sure next Saturday....

3. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    ya she poked him one to many times , he had enough of it and tried to get her :smile2:

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    not a bad of fishing there robert, you'll get that river figured out yet :tounge_out:

5. Riprap

Riprap New Member

State:
    Monticello
    yall done good Robert and Newt, you just got to go to figure your stretch of river out, congrats

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Sorry so late getting in here and reporting. But I was worn out from fishing on the river all day yesterday. I waited until this morning to clean the fish. The flathead never made it to the freezer, we had it for dinner today!!!

The last pic that robert posted is where we caught all of them. I really had a good time as always. The bite was slow. We had no luck by the dam and could not get the boat to stay where we wanted it. One anchor would hold, but one wouldn't.

And yeah I was pretty excited about catching my PB for flathead. Have only caught one other in my life and it was a very small one. Thanks for the use of the larger pole Robert, did not mean to out fish you with your own pole.

The day started out nice. But the wind picked up real bad by the middle of the day and the tempature with the wind was bad. We pulled to the back and built a fire to warm us a bite and then headed back up the River.

Like I said, I really enjoyed the day. It is never a bad day when you get to enjoy some fishing with a BOC Brother. Thanks again Robert, we will do it again real soon.

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    dang robert you should know better than to give your partner a working pole. give them one with rotten line or something. that's my secret.

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Billie- I know now not to use your pole. Be sure when we hook up to bring my large river pole, it has good line.:big_smile:

We did have a blast , even if we did freeze.:smile2:.
    Had to go , I know Tallman is trying to get in some good practice for the big fish at Degray 3. maybe i rubbed a little luck off onto that pole for him!

9. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    anytime on the river is a good day ,anytime on the river with a friend is a better day. That pole you used newt hasnt been used in over a year , i was hopeing the line was wore out , just kidding buddy , im glad you got to catch some anyway. I found some real good areas on that area of the river that needs some exploreing . You and anyone else that want to help me check them out is more than welcome . Im going to contact the corp of engineers to see if there is a problem with us setting up a rough camp at that park we stopped at sometime . it would only be boat accessable as you know newt ,but i think it would be a cool time . And that 40' whole at the end of the ramp where we stopped i know holds some fish there , ill let yall know