A Crying Shame

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by patrickgd, Aug 9, 2008.

1. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    The thread posted earlier about folks following fishing regulations and guidelines really got me thinking about how we treat our wildlife spots. Today I went fishing and was really appauled at the amount of trash that was all over the bank and floating down the river. I saw cans, bags, paper, leftover bait tubs and even a plastic bag with a Biohazard symbol. It was labeled property of VTech labs. The guy who was fishing closeby (who was drinking beer and busting the bottles on the riprap and catching fish and putting them on a stringer to "stock" the pond by his house) said oh a guy was using that for bait last night. He said it was a Dog Uterus :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:. I'm just shocked at how people can leave this CRAP on the bank and there are trash cans 100 ft. away. I feel like a minority being a person who picks up after himself when I get done fishing. I'm up in arms about whether or not throwing people like this in the river would be worse or better for the river?????

Attached Files:

2. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    AMEN BROTHER!!! I've given some Bluegills to some who was suppose to take them home. Instead the Bluegills ended up on the banks theirown selves. WHAT A SHAME!!!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    We can only do our part. You could approach these individuals, but mostly you would both end up mad.

Set the good example by picking up after yourself and others. Believe it or not people will pick up on this and if nothing else, they will feel guilty and help you. I always leave with more trash than I showed up with. Just a personal policy of mine

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hear all of ya. I dont have a problem picking up others trash. I do have a problem if I catch them dumping trash. I always say something to them. If there fishing over the limit or other illegal activities I walk right up with my camera and take some pics and tell them the warden will see them.

5. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Yeah, that really gets to me. I was fishing in my boat right after 4th of July crowds left and I spent all day cleaning up. These people take the time to put the trash in bags, then just leave it there:angry:. Their fires are only 20ft away, burn the damn trash!

6. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    This would be polluting.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    About 6-7 years ago I drove down to saddle cove at Lake Mead. Its a long downhill dirt path. I spun around and backed my truck close to the water. I was standing behind my truck and got a hot foot. Some idiot had a fire and covered it up with dirt. If I had backed up another 10 feet my tire would have been on top. :angry: What gets me is with all the beer cans they left behind they could have put that fire out easily.

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Trash belongs in the trash can, not on the ground! Some people just don't get it at all. The inlet at the lake I fish frequently is always littered with junk. Be it hooks, weights, lures, discarded fishing line or left over bait, etc. How hard is it to throw it in the trash when you leave? :angry::tounge_out:

When I worked for the Game and Parks as a park worker, I always was in charge of cleaning up after the Bone Heads that littered the area. It's a crying shame and really pisses me off to see that people don't respect the area they are fishing and the such. It was a great feeling getting compliments from people saying they were greatful for us to help keep the park clean. Well I told them, if everybody would pitch in and do the right thing and throw away the trash as their supposed too, we would'nt have this problem. DUH!!:angry: Anyhow compliments were excepted and I felt good about it!! I done my part and hope people get a clue and do the same!!:wink:

9. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I also agree that trash is a huge problem. I carry a bag on the boat and try to find a trash can at the ramp. If no can I put in the truck and take it home. How much effort does it take for everyone else to do the same? The river that I fish is covered with trash for miles with anything you can imagine. A little effort from a lot of people goes a lot farther than a lot of effort from from a few people!

10. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I have a job reserved next year with the NM State Parks. I'm sure I'll be spending most of my time cleaning up after people. Anyone who has been to Fenton Lake knows how trashy people make it.:sad2:

11. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I returned to my spot on the river today to find a very rare appearance of the Game Warden. He was giving a ticket to Mr. Dog Uterus for fishing without a liscence. He also nailed a Trot-Liner for no liscence as well. :smile2:

12. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
  13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    remember the good old days when you could go bare footed thoes you can forget that crap now with all the crap laying around its a shame look what a mess :angry::sad2::crazy: