A couple of things you don't see everyday. A remora and horseshoe crabs.

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by Guthooked, May 2, 2007.

1. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    Yesterday I went to Jekyll Island to do some surf fishing. I caught a 36" blacktip shark that had two remoras attatched to it. I released the shark and took a pic of the remora. It had been a long tome since I caught a shark with a remora attatched to it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/czshooter/Fishing009.jpg?t=1178129291

About an hour after dark at full high tide a female horseshoe crab came up and two males tried to spawn with her.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/czshooter/Fishing016-1.jpg?t=1178129646

Fishing tally for the day:

5 or 6 whiting (used for shark bait)
    1 sandbar shark
    3 atlantic sharpnose sharks
    5 bonnett head sharks
    1 blacktip
    2 sting rays
    1 hardhead catfish

2. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Bonnethead shark is some of the best eating I have had. I caught one when we went deep sea fishing and I cant wait to go back. It was better than the Atlantic we caught. Three guys gave us there catches also, so we had a mess of fish to take back home and cook. Was a really good night.

Thanks for sharing, I miss the Gulf(orginally from Biloxi) and all the fresh seafood. Wont find any up here worth your while, I tell ya.

Keep them coming!

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    dude,
    that was a rare sight to see tose horseshoe crabs. i havent seen one since the last time i was in s.c. sounds like you did pretty good with the sharks too.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i would like to see some pics of the sharks!
    those horseshoe crabs looked pretty cool though.

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cool pictures! I've never seen a remora except on TV; really cool to see what they look like from that angle. I always thought they were just really good swimmers to stay "hugged up" to the sharks!:lol: And the photo of the crabs is great. Thanks for that!

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    cool pictures i want to hook a shark sometime, i might have a chance in a week or so, im going out to a few reefs in a party boat and a little surf fishing as well.