A comforting post by "Deltalover"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Aug 2, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have been reading all of Philip's (Deltalover) posts here since his passing. There is a lot of good reading in his words. I came accross this post he made on the 14th of July.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=326748#post326748

God bless you Philip, I wish I could have known you better!

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I too wish that I had known him better. He was such a great guy that I have no doubt in my mind where he is right now. Doesn't take a man like that long to make it to heaven.

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    imagine the fishing he's doing now...he's touch so many here in different ways i know for sure that it's made a person or 2 rethink their relationship with God...i know it has me

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Thanks for sharing that Tom"!
    :worship: :0a23: R.I.P. Buddy

Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Tom!
    Deltalover is still teaching us something, long live his memory.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    This whole thing was just so sudden. I dont know much about anurisms and, I have been reading a little on the subject lately. It just seems so tragic that he had to go so soon. It makes one appreciate the time we have right now and the people we have around us. I have been looking at my wife and kids in a different way this past week...

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yes, I have been doing the same with my wife and kids. Got to appreciate everyday we are givin!

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have somewhat of a medical background so I know what they are. They always involve an artery and what happens is there is a weakening in this Artery(Blood Vessel) and it forms a balloon. Sometimes people are fortunant and they have it discovered and get it corrected surgically,other times there are no symptoms and it pops and eccentially what happens is they bleed out. It is my understanding that patients do not suffer as it is over too quickly.I pray with all my heart that our brother felt nothing,if it was his time God Willing he went quickly and peacefully. I lost a very dear friend that I went to Church with on a regular basis he was one of the preachers,one killed him and his wife fully trained in CPR was right beside him,she immediately went to work on him but her efforts much to her shock and horror was in vain. I might also add that he was close to Deltalovers age and by all appearances was very healthy. He didn't even smoke.I miss him terribly he always had a kind word for me and my family but he was ready to go whenever God called.He loved God His Word and he never started his work day without 2 hours of Bible Study.He said it was because he always wanted his mind on good things also if anyone ever wanted to talk about God he wanted to always show scripture and verse of anything he said. I have taken a lesson from his death.Always be ready because you don't know and always say what the Bible says so people can't be angry with you, they see it in black and white,or in case of it being Jesus' words they're in red. Just my thoughts family,love to you all----------pk powell:smile2:

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    These things happen very suddenly. My mother was sitting home with my cousin while the rest of the family was at a funeral for a friend. My Mom asked Cheryl to get her a glass of milk. When Cheryl came back in the living room with the milk, my mom was dead. She was 39 years old and a nurse.

10. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thank you for sharing that post..It shows what a great man he was.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is one great post he made. May he rest in peace.

12. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    All it took for me was to read Phillip's blog.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/philgaines1

The man was more than spiritual, he had a deep and true faith. Reading his blog really changed by attitude about alot of things.

RIP Phillip Gaines.

13. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    you gotta live every day like its your last....

RIP DELTA

14. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    the BOC has lost another great part of the brotherhood as he was a true brother to all

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Bringing this one back to the top also.