A Christmas present for my son

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by cuttingout69, Nov 28, 2005.

1. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My 12 year old took his first deer this season. It was a loop sided spike. Nothing worth mounting. When he was little boy, I made him a deer skin rug, he use to sleep on it. Some how another, my brother wound up with it and can't find it. (sold it) So for my son's first deer which was not big enough to mount, I decided to tan the hide. I have it just about dry and scraped down now and just got through ordering the tanning oil. Boy did his eyes light up when he saw I had it on the board. He is so excitied about it. I plan to give it to him around Christmas. I can buy him games and close, and toys, but nothing will ever stick in his mind like what his dad did for him on his first deer. I can't wait. I plan to make a nice little soft leather rug with the hair on just like he use to have when he was little. Well, this one has a few more holes in it than the orginal one. LOL. Just thought I would share this with yall, as just a thought for that first deer that is not a mount.

Attached Files:

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Cut Man that is just great thats something he will remember forever.

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    that awsome!.....he will kill alot of big deer in his life but the first will always be the most memorable.way to go :)

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I'm not a deer hunter, but I know your son will never forget what dad did with his first deer. That is so cool.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That's a great gift.

There's nothing like the feeling you get from doing something like that for your children.

6. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Mike that's awesome! I know he has a great teacher. That is a great gift he will cherish for his lifetime, and hopefully pass down to his own son someday.

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    What your doing for your Son is commendable. He will never forget this for the rest of his life.

This is worth more to (him) than any Toy, game, clothes, etc, that you could ever buy him..

This really shows the love you have for your Son..

Outstanding...

8. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    cat that is a great thing your doing for for your son. One of these maybe i'll be able to do something like that for my son.

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    That will be a great gift there Mike. Everytime your son's looks at it he will remember the first deer he took and his father beside him.

10. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    hey, isnt trace adkins from sarepta?

11. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    That is a great x mas present for him. Tell him congradulations on the first kill. Mine was a doe at age 13.

-brian

12. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    Thats a great gift. He looks just like you, you need to get him on here and say lilcuttingout69. Congrats on his deer, the first is always the best.

13. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Cut, that is just awesome. That'll be something he'll wanna keep forever. Tell him congrats on his first deer from all of us.

14. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    great idea of a cool gift, those kinds of gifts from the heartwill always be more cherished than those of monetary value......

15. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bet that will make his Christmas.