a cheap baitcaster

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Brandon05l, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon05l

Brandon05l New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    im looking for a cheap baitcaster i prefer abu garcia

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC, however good luck. You see the BOC has 10,000 members who are in the same boat. Most of us perfer Abu's and all of us are looking for cheap ones. :roll_eyes:

Sit back and post a little bit and enjoy the site. :wink:

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    shakespeare tidewater is a good reel and only 38 bucks at walmart.

4. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ming Yangs are good. Do not let the name fool you. They are made in china but perform flawlessly. I have one as a "back up" reel and it does all that I need and more.

Search google for "sun coast tackle" to buy one and look for reviews. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Another chinese brand to look for is Omoto. If these two companies keep producing the quality they are now. Look out Abu in a few years...

5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey are the Ming Yangs the all chrome/stainless ones that slightly resemble Abu Garcia's? If so my friend has one and it does perform flawless and at $30 something you cant beat them. They are just as good as the 6500C3, equal if you ask me, the only downfall is they are cold as hell to the touch in cold weather as they have no plastic on them. I might purchase one.

6. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA

Yes, some of them are chrome. The one that I have is blue though, not chrome. And you are correct, there is absolutely no plastic on/in them except for the clicker button!

Search google for them, you will find plenty of pics.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good luck Brandon if your looking at Abu's. Welcome to the BOC.

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Buy an Abu Garcia 6000. You can usually get one in the $40 range off eBay. I bought two NEW ones still in the blister packs off eBay for $38 each. I wouldn't buy anything smaller than a 6000, and I wouldn't consider any other reels other than Abi Garcia. As far as a "cheap" baitcaster, well the age old adage applies. "You get what you pay for."

Bill in SC

9. Brandon05l

Brandon05l New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks im looking for a reel for a 13 foot pole my parents run a paylake i caught tons of cats and there is monsters one may not believe but the thing weights no less than 300 pounds and im only 14 my biggest is a 11 pound flathead caught on a lil pole

10. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    did you add one to many 0s on this last post?.....:embarassed:....dont go swimmin in that pond.....:0a20:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  11. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    man a greatwhite can't live in fresh water.that soap ain't gonna taste good:embarassed::crazy:

12. Brandon05l

Brandon05l New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nope there is 3 or 4 that big in there a man turned tyhem loose 20 or so years ago the smallest was 94 pounds i think they may not be that big but they are monsters to me wish i would have a pic of the but only thing u could see was a big black spot in the water

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Thats one way to get folks to the lake.......lol

If its even close to 300 pounds you better be strapped in . Are there any other fish in there , seems a 300 pound cat would eat that lake empty.

Might try fishing with a whole deer as bait .:smile2:

14. Brandon05l

Brandon05l New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    theres bass ,crappie ,bluegill and of course cats

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, your right.... I don't beleive you. (No offense) :0a33:

Not only that, but if your parents run a paylake, I'd think you'd have access to cheap reels.

I thought this post smelled a little fishy from the get go. Now I think it smells ALOT fishy. :0a28:

16. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    If you get the CL series, even the clicker button is metal.:big_smile: It's the nipple style though. I did a fairly lengthy write-up in the reel review section on my trial with the Mings. 1 mostly minor problem so far(on 1), but the 2nd one has been terrific. I would have no problem in buying more if I needed more reels.

17. Brandon05l

Brandon05l New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sorryi didnt tell every one in earlier post we got red of it sept 16 here is a pic
    [​IMG]

18. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Brandon!:0a25:.Come on,give the new kid a break.:embarassed:

19. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yeah,give the new kid a break.you can't pay that flatheadslayer no attention,he likes to joke around too much.:big_smile:welcome to the BOC little bro.

20. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    welcome to the BOC, and i believe ya brandon cause the fish in my avatar was 200 lbs. :smile2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.