A catfish story

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BigCatter54, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have been trotlining for about 5 years now, learned a lot since then, mostly from talking to old timers around were I live, and many of them are surprisingly willing to tell you what they know, just not were they catch all their fish, but before this past year, my bi fish was 40 lbs, now I have had a couple big ones get off, I would hate to say how big they were, big though, bigger than any fish I have caught to date., but last year in may I had a fenominal weekend catching not one, not two but three fish that broke the 45 lb mark and two breaking fifty, the biggest beign about 55lbs. Now I know thats not that big of a cat, and that to some trotlining isnt there can of beans, but I love it, going out with about 4 of your buddies, drinking a little beer, setting out your lines, then drinking a lot more arfterwards. Well, On our trip were we caught our 55 lb blue, in my main photo, we also caught three in the thrity lb range, and a 45 lb flathead, that one went back with us, had a hell of a fish fry with him that night. heres some picks of those three cats, the last pic is of a 62 lb flathead my buddies caught on my bachelor party. Just to give everyone and idea of the size, I am 6'6", about 250lb

Attached Files:

2. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    found a pic of the 50 lb caught that weekend

Attached Files:

3. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Them are some good looking fish.

4. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    What do you use for bait? How deep do you run your lines?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chad thanks for sharing the pics of some nice fish.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fishes, Chad.

7. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Nice fish, he kept only one big one and let the others go, so thats not bad.

8. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Yeah, I realized after the fact that I was handling them like, that, it was just a moment of exciment thta got the best of me.

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Nice cats, thanks for sharing

:big_smile:

10. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    dude, imagine how much for fun it would have been to battle one of those badboys on a rod and reel and put em back so they would get bigger. :eek:oooh:

11. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Congrats on a really nice catch of cats.