A Catfish Paradise.. ALL MINE!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Sep 25, 2008.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Took a few photos of this place I just found... I was there tonight and If it wasnt for the darn hooks i was using I would have some nice ones to post...

Attached Files:

2. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Heres some more.. Its in a Panaramic sort of view.. From east to west..

Attached Files:

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ha ha... bet you thought you was hornin' in on my spot right there huh? You'll never find it... especially on foot:smile2:
    If thats where I think it is.... it's seriously shallow all around there for quite a ways

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah.. But the other side is about 12ft deep.. there is alot of structure and What I beleive to be a small creek flowing in on the oppisite end.. But no.. I dont think its your spot.. yours is further up river.. I know where it is..:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    As for being on foot... I would walk 100 miles if I knew I was going to find some good fishing holes.. there aint a spot on that river I cant get too

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    no... only me and the flathead gods know where MY spot is at :wink: lol

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I want to try that gravel pit on the south side of the river some time...

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Whitch one... there are only 500 of them

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Look to be some real good log jams there nad thanks for the pic's

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Shane that spot looks really sweet for Flatheads. I miss fishin' those jumbo logjams we used to fish on the Wabash.

11. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    so how did you do ? whats up with the hooks.any we will hit it next week for sure looks like a good spot

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great location, Hope you catch a new personal best out of there. Keep us updated.

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    that looks like the place we used to fish just on the edge of indy! is there an old cabin on the hill side just down from that trash on a bend? seriously

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Nope... No cabins in the area... Its a pretty secluded.. I need to go out and cut me down a better path then what i have been taking.. A shorter walking distance means more fishing time....

As for the hooks malcom.. My buddy and i keep getting snagged on what ended up being a roll of fence under water the other night and used all of my 8/0 Gamma circles.. all I had left was 6/0 circles ( they dont leave much room after hooking on a gill.. So he ended up buying 8/0 Gamma Octopus hooks and I hate them but they were all we had.. So a long story short.. I should of had 15-20 fish but only got 5. with the biggest being 8.6 pound channel off a big ol fat bluegill

15. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    shane your right it is a really good spot i know where it is and there,s a road you can take to get really close to there and walk in instead of walking from the ramp if this is where i think it is and i,m pretty sure it is lets just say it,s about 20 plus miles south of your home if i,m right ???? if not then there,s a sister hole just like it where i fish alot

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    its about 2 1/2 miles from my house.. It sets behind an old Jones Gravel Pit. Its near waverly, in

17. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    ok shane it,s not the place i was thinking of but it looks just like the spot it,s north of paragon ramp and there,s an old road you can take that takes you almost to it and there,s a lil island there that is great for pickin up the shad and the hole there is between 18 and 12 ft deep now i still havent tried yet up around waverly i should but everybody says it,s too shallow . good luck with your spot i hope ya catch some nice keepers

18. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
  19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    its shallow on the side i fish but its deeper on the other side.. and I have no clue the depth near the levey but I have broke poles and lines fishing off it.. But i cant fish it anymore cause theres a guy that shoots at ya if you get on the property...

20. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    isnt there a lowhead dam on that river south of I70 a few miles? you ever fish there?