A cat having puppies??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Nov 17, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Brazilian student Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, holds her cat Mimi together with what Cassia claims are Mimi's own offsprings born with dog traits last Friday, three months after mating with a neighbour's dog, in the southern Brazilian city of Passo Fundo, Rio Grande do Sul state, November 15, 2006. A geneticist from the Passo Fundo University plans to take blood samples from the animals to verify the claim by Cassia and her husband Rogerio that the puppies are part of Mimi's litter of six, of which the three that were born with cat features died soon after birth, leaving the surviving three dog-like offsprings. REUTERS/Edison Vara (BRAZIL)

[​IMG]

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There has to be something wrong here!Never in my life have I ever heard of something like this.I am anxious for further details.I have heard of mama dogs and cats adopting litters other than their own but never anything like this young lady claims.Thank you for posting brother!!:crazy:

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    :waaaht: :waaaht: :waaaht: :eek:h: is this for real?! I would like to read the rest of the story once the blood tests come back.

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Very real. The story anyways, I'm curious to see the Dr.'s conclusion. What would you call such a creature?... A Cog?:lol:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd call it baloney! Or just maybe, Bigfoot caught a ride in a UFO and sneaked them in to the cats box while everyone was having a siesta. lol
    seriously though if they were a cross wouldn't they have some attributes of both parents? those look to be pure puppy to me.:big_smile:

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well your probably righ there but I would guess that it's just a publicity stunt or a lil' girl who really wanted the puppies and is decieving her parents. Just my guess though....We'll see.

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya i saw that on good morning america this morning.. i always thought that was impossible though.

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'm with Jack on this one...pure bunk

9. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    yea Right!!!!!!

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    this is actually nothing new.
    ive seen this before
    on nickalodian

11. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I got to say that I'm with Daemeon, Jack and Phil on this one...I think mamma cat puppynapped those kids! Call the law....

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You funny guy,thanks for the laugh but you got that right Catdog!:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

13. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I don't care for many of the new cartoons, but Catdog is awsome.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Darrel you got it right CATDOG:0a19: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

15. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Never trust anyone with a name that has 16 silly-ables.
    Grandpa. 1963.

16. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    well, i always thought that 2 animals that arent near the same species cant cross breed, such as, 2 fish can(i catch hybrid crappie 19-23 inches all the time, 2 differnt kinds of deer can i hear of people killing whitetail mullie hybrids, but a canine and a feline? i dont think its possible but hey, we now live in a world where cloneing isnt exactly a big deal anymore.