A call out to the LKN MacDaddy

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by mudkip, May 24, 2007.

1. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Mac

Is my drift sizzling HOT for blues 2-6 pounds yet??:big_smile:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    May 31st last year we put 40 in the boat in a morning of fishing up there!!! :big_smile:

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I thought I was feeling it in my bones!

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    :big_smile:Mudkip, this past Sunday, we were within sight (Davidson Creek) of your favorite drift. We caught 15 in less than four hours. I will be back in that area this PM or the first thing in the morning and will advise you if it is a go or no go. Are the kids getting hungry for some LKN blues?

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah. I need a little added cholesterol and saturated fat in my diet.:big_smile:

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    My mom was asking when I am going to catch some more. The cooler is cleaned out and ready to roll. :big_smile:

7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    DaBear and myself fished Davidson Creek from the first shoal marker on the left to the island on the left yesterday from 3 to 7 PM. There was way too much boat traffic to do the Taylor drift, so we stayed along the shore line. We netted 11 blues (1.5 to 6 pounds+-) and had several to cut the line on their roll. Today, Cliff Compton and myself fished from 7:30 AM to 12 PM and netted 22 blues (2 to 4.75 pounds). Crappies strips and white perch strips appeared to be the bait they wanted. We had some blue backs but, only caught one small channel on it. Wind today was out of the SW and was from 3 to 10 MPH. Todays location was Marker D-2 (from the marker look to the south and you will see a cove with an island in the middle and then from there to the east to the next cove). Dieter has fished the second cove before. Good luck and leave a few for seed.

8. ThaBear

ThaBear New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Maybe what we need to do to help the fishery on Norman is to keep Wyliecat and Mudkip off of it. Sounds like they are coming to take a few fish home. What I don't understand is what do they need a refrigerated Truck for?:big_smile: