A Buschl Conservation (st charles mo)

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dust_stl, Jun 27, 2006.

1. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went out today from 8am-1pm caught 5 channels (2-8pounds) using dk punch bait original. I was fishing with leeches worms & minnows caught all fish on dk punch bait. Also caught 2 small bass and a nice crappie

2. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    What lake(s) were you on?

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I would say by the looks of his title ,it was at Bushes Wild Area Just South of 40/61 64 highway on 94. Not a bad place to fish.

4. Fastman

Fastman New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    There are several (more than 20, possibly 30) lakes to fish there. The reason I ask is that some of them are freshly stocked and some are not. Some of them are 'catfish lakes' and some are not.

5. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was on lake 33 a lot of people had some luck on lake 6 & 7. I was told by the lady at the booth that they just stock all catfish only lakes at end of april..yeah I ment Busch dont know where the l came from

6. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I used to fish #33 and had good luck. I used strwberry doughbait for channels. When it rains a couple of days, you can catch the channels up at the boat area where the small creek runs into it with worms. Sometimes they are only 2 feet from shore. Also, I had fun catching large carp. I caught a few in the 20 -25lb range and a friend of mine caught a 32lber! We released all the large fish. It is a nice area. Hannibal Mike

7. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    There can be surprisingly good fishing @ Busch in spite of the intense fishing pressure. I use a flyrod with popping bug out there occasionally and often get good action on a variety of sunfish and bass.:lol:

8. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    Lakes 3,4,5,7 and 24 are catfish lakes

9. rocko

rocko New Member

State:
    missouri

I dont fish any other lake than #4 .It has always produced for me even when it hasnt had a recent stocking. all i use is doughbait on a float and i catch my limit every time. back in 2000 i caught over 280 cat out of that lake alone and none of them were under 2lbs.not a good place to catch big ones but it soothes the itch to feel a fish on the end of your line when you want it real bad. ive got pics from the last batch caught 31 total ,just gotta figure out how to get them from my phone to here. one day when im not fishing i guess ill try. lets just say it wont be anytime soon.