A brief Great Miami River report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Spencer_Blanton, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Fellow Catfishermen,

I was out on the GMR for a few hours in the sun yesterday (3/29). The river is low in my opinion for this time of year. The clarity was high was well.

I used cut bait of the bottom with no interest expressed by the catfish. I did try my cast net by the dam. No luck there for baitfish either. Most of my entertainment came from a couple young guys with a really young boy catching 3" suckers with a red worm. The little boy would squeel with delight everytime one came in. Another fellow picked along the rocks with a hand net and drummed up at least 30 crawfish in an hour.

So... It looks like things are starting to warm up out there.

Spencer

2. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I would like to have some of those 3" suckers for bait for Channels. :)

3. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was out on the GMR from 5:45 to 8:00 yesterday. I caught four channels from 2 to 5 pounds on cut shad. I missed a few more. I'm going to try and get out saturday morning next.

4. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i am going tomorrow rain or shine lets pray for shine

5. 1 at a time

1 at a time New Member

really sounds like the fish are hittin, keep postin them results

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    those suckers would be great bait,hope to find some like that when i start throwing my castnet

7. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i agree those suckers in the gmr are awsome flathead bait, the best in my opinion!

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    I hope im still going with Spencer Blanton Sat. we are planning on hitting the hot water discharge here on the river by aberdeen around 3PM and packing up at 9PM. gonna take nightcrawlers and i may get a tub of liver, and we are gonna try cast net when we get there. ill post up pics when i get back on after i go.