A Big Thanks

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, May 8, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I made a trip down to the Lower St. Francis Friday afternoon to meet up with Tinboat, Mac, Coach, and Reb. The fishing wasn't great and a few problems encountered with an outboard starter. I did however have a great time. After about four or five years of chatting, exchanging PM's, and posting I finally met some of the folks. Everyone was just exactly what I had imagined they would be. Great guys and lots of fun to be around. The story telling was fantastic!!!! Thanks guys for a great weekend.

2. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Glad ya had a good time Terry, you shoulda stayed....... You coulda got soaked liked the rest of us Sat. Night..... ewww we it was cold. Catch ya some other time.. Mac

3. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    i finally got all the fish cleaned when we got home with no help.give about half of them to some people who could use the meat.it was nice to meet all of you there and thanks for telling us about the club.we went to helena and fished saturday.any help with that area? we stayed close to the bridge and got a lot of good bites.fished all day and caught 4.i bought some kahle hooks size4 and7.we couldnt catch any fish with them so casey said i have some circle hooks lets try them.if you like kahle hooks let me know and ill send them to you.we used shad and shrimp with more bits on the shrimp.no real big fish all of them was like them on the st.francis.having trouble figuring out the site.not real good on a computer but i'm learning.hope to see you guys out on the water again.good luck fishing. robbie

4. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Robbie, it was nice meeting you and Casey. We really appreciate the help you guys gave us on the starter too. Just like you said, you would have to clean all those fish by yourself. Welcome to the BOC and hope to see you posting often.

By the way, I was back down on the Lower St. Francis last Tuesday. We had a good day and brought in 28 head. Nothing big. Largest was around 12lbs. My partner was back down there Friday. His largest was 20lbs and had another one that was 16lbs. Sounds like the fishing may be picking up down that way.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Glad to see you found your way here Robbie. I enjoyed meetin you fellas. Learning this sight just takes some time. Easiest way to keep up with whats goin on is to hit the "new post" button above. That keeps you up with what has been posted while you were away. Im glad to see That someone I have givin a card too actually showed up LOL. I dont know if we will be back to st. franscis this year or not. up to what the other fellas think. We do have a get together in 2 weeks. Down around Dumas arkansas at the Wilber D Mills Dam. Look it up on the gatherings section. Believe its called Central Arkansas Gathering. Try to make it if you can. should be fun, all the fellas you met more than likely will be there, plus alot of other good Folks. See ya around the water hole. Mac

6. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    Hey Mac,Terry i talked to a guy who's fishing at the Toad Suck dam and he is wearing the flatheads out! They have caught 17 flatty's in one night on 3 troutlines. Ithink he said they went about 3 miles down river toward Little Rock. There is alot of dikes on the right side of the river. Me and Casey has pole fished there alot and done good but we never tried for any big one's. I'll try to make the trip to Mills dam if i can. Don't know about Casey but i'll ask him. If he can't i have a popup that will sleep 3 people easy if there's room for me in a boat. If not thats ok I'll just drive down and visit. Good luck guy's. O ya we done pretty good on some crappie last friday on the lower red river close to where it reach's the white.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Wecome to the BOC Robbie!!! See, everything they told you about the BOC is true, I think, LOL!!! Come visit often Buddy!!!

8. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Robbie, Welcome to the Brotherhood. Glad to see ya.

ST

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    hey robbe welcome to the brotherhood iam new myself theres nothing like catching cats