A Big "Thank You" From Ol'JW!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I really appreciate all of the Prayers and well wishes from everyone, Thank You!!
    I also would like to thank the ones that called me and kept me cheered up through a pretty rough time.
    This site and it's members "The Brotherhood of Catfishermen" mean more to me than any of you will ever know. Though being huge distances apart and most of you, never having met me, still extended a huge helping hand in a time of need. That is what this brotherhood is all about. You all are truely brothers and sisters to me, Thanks Again..... JW (Dreadnaught)

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    JW,

The BOC wouldn't be the same without you! See ya in Kentucky when I come up for the National Gathering :)

Paul

3. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    YAY!!!! Good to see you back JW. I dont know if its on the other thread but how did the tests go?

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    They fond a bit of a problem with hardening of the arteries(the smaller ones) in my brain, which caused the stroke. they said with the proper meds and if I quit smoking it may not ever give me any trouble again. But they did say that the numbness that I have now could stay with me or it could just go away in the near future. I am hoping for the ladder of the two, LOL!!!

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wish you good health J.W. and many big fish this year!

6. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Well thats good news and ill still be praying for you on your battle to quit. Glad your back!!!!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hell yeah brother, glad to see ya home and healing up. Was great talking to ya. Did ya ever get a cute nurse at least???? hehehe

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad to see that you're doin' better, JW. Now put down those cancer sticks & pick up them fishin' poles get after some bigguns!

9. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Hmmmm, Maybe a BOC "quit smoking support group" is in order. Then we can quit together, and help out JW.

Good to hear that you are home JW.

Ray

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i wish you luck on the smokin jw. i quit 2 1/2 years ago after getting pneumonia,you can do it brother!!!!!!!!

ps:
    one thing that helped was to think about my family every erge i had.

11. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Hypnotism, I know it sounds crazy but it works JW. It's the easy way to quit, I did it and it's like you never smoked. It worked for me for over a year, then for what ever .$#@^&*(_%$# reason I smoked a cigarette at a BBQ contest with some people I work with, let's just say I have to quit all over again! Once you do quit don't mess with them again,they'll get ya.

12. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    A BIG welcome back to ya from Kansas,JW!

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Welcome Back J.W.:) Does this quittin smoking thing mean your gonna be irritable when we pick on ya now?:confused: Tuff...GET USE TO IT!:p LOL

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    It's great to see you back buddy, you are tougher than nails and can whip the smokin habit. We are sure glad you are OK, we were really concerned.

15. Angelcat

Angelcat New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I also would like to thank everyone, for there prayers and phone calls. It meant alot to John and I. I was shocked on how many of you called JW at the hospital, believe it or not you all called him more than his own family did lol, and for that I'm very greatful and I know he is too. I realized how tight-knit a family this is and I'm glad to be a part of it.

16. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    JW, where you are, I've already been. I quit smoking 18 years ago from 2 1/2 packs a day. It can be tough but a good strong catfisherman can do it. Your mini-stroke is like a "check engine" light on your truck, theres something that needs to be fixed. I had three. Hang tough and get well, we need you on the board.

17. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    jw you dont have to quit smoking . just start smoking big blues,channels,flatheads ....... and keep the wife fishing when you go. good luck,and god bless.............................................

18. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    J.W, good to see you back up and going .:thumbsup:

BIGCAT GarryEads

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    JW monday will be 3 years for me without smoking. Doctor told me that If I would like to stay around and fish. That I had better quit. Had 99% blockage and smoking was my only problem.
    So 2 more days and it will be 3 years.( with 3 stints in that time)
    It was easy that time. WI think I went around 3 months without even thinking I had to have one.
    So hang in there, And just throw them down. Also If your lucky like me. It being near the brain on me I would be safe. AS Mine is in my big toe.. HEHE

Pete

20. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Glad you are back home JW.
    In regards to the smoking, I think that if everyone who knows him would buy a 2x4 and if you see him with a cigarette swat him on the back of the head it would only take a few months to get him tobacco free. THAT'S what brotherhood is all about:0a24: ...W