A big heartfelt Congrats to the Cornhuskers

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by jlingle, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Bo Pelini is coming to be your new head coach. Wow, you guys got a goodun. Not only is he a terrific football coach, but a fantastic human being as well. He's a good man who will do a great job leading your football program & teaching your kids to be more than just football players. I think you guys are lucky to have a person like Tom Osborne as well, but I'll leave all that alone for another time.

Again, congratulations. I think you landed what is the best man for the job, by far. I don't look forward to my Oklahoma teams (OU and OSU) playing Nebraska in 3 or 4 years, for sure.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The only thing bad I can even think to say about Bo, is that if you compare him to Callahan, he sure don't look too good. LOL. But he is a winner.

3. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I just joined the board, so yeah... this post is a little late. But Spring ball is just starting up, so...

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Bo can do for the team. It'll be tough to tell until the Huskers play Va. Tech.

I'm not expecting a great win-loss record this year. But as long as they play with the intensity we Big Red fans were used to (before Callahan), I'll be happy. Wait... scratch that. As long as they beat the snot out of Colorado, I'll be happy.

I'm also looking forward to the OU/NU game this year. It's been too long. I have a feeling that it's gonna be a great game.

Good luck to your Sooners this year. I hope they only lose one game.

Go Big Red!

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    GOD, I hope we don't loose the National Championship game again this year.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the info I agree with you he is a good football coach and he should have some success at the University of Nebraska, hopefully the cornhuskers, can have a good season this year.

6. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Congratulations on your new coach, corn heads. But the state of Kansas is still goin to own you this season. :smile2:

7. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    football smack in may. gotta love it. i think were under 100 days now before my beloved sooners take the field and make it three(3) big twelve championships in a ROW!

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Man I can not wait 'til September

9. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota

...And then do their impression of marijuana by getting smoked in a bowl!

Ahh, yes... it's a long off-season.

10. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Heads up Big 12, here come my Wildcats.:cross:

11. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I don't know... after living in Minnesota for a while, I've come to expect disappointment from teams that wear purple.

Good luck, though. I hope the 'Cats win all their games except one. Joey Ganz is gonna light 'em up again!