A Bet is a Bet!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by TxRiverman, Sep 9, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    A couple of months back Tea and I bet on the outcome of the game the loser had to alter his signature to either "The Texas Longhorns Rule" or "The Ohio St. Buckeyes Rule" for a period of one month. Its 24-7 and unless a miracal happens our longhorn is cooked. I dont mind losing to a better team,which to be honest Ohio St. is clearly the better team. What galls me is getting out coached. But i digress,Tea im making good on the bet. The better team won( I really hated saying that:embarassed: !)

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Nothing better than a good loser. WTG. Don't ya just hate to eat crow though?

3. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Once you get past the feathers its not that bad:lol: ! Whats really gonna suck is when the Sooners get ahold of me:lol: !

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Keeping your word can be hard sometimes. You are a stand-up guy in my book for keeping yours.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hey buddy, glad ya come through on the bet. LMAO Looks good though!!!

I hate the Steelers and you see what I have in my signature. LMAO My dolphins let me down.

Ohio State looked great tonight, I think Troy Smith is one of the most underated QB's in college.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good job on being a man of your word! You lost the bet and stepped up to the plate and paid your dues. Tea is also a man of his word. He lost his bet and stepped right up and is paying his due! You guys make me proud because in this day and age a lot of people don't keep their word!

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    There is a certain Colt's fan that owes me some circle hooks from a friendly wager we had going for the NFL Playoffs last year but I have yet to receive any hooks!!!:sad2: It would be nice if this individual would step up to the plate and make good on his word!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hey Texan, I feel for you. I have almost barfed hearing how great Mack Brown is for even scheduling a game of this magnitude. Great coach - but then another anouncer lets slip the game was scheduled before Mack Brown was even considered to coach at UT. They are scheduled something like 12 years in advance. You should be used to Mack being outcoached. For the number of championship recruiting classes UT has had for the past several years, a moron should be able to coach your teams to championship games - Mack has 3 to his credit, I believe - two Big 12 and 1 BCS championship. It is not the Texas fans which give me a heartburn, but the Fans who think Mack is the greatest thing since zip lock bags. He clearly is not. And the way OU is playing, I am all ready starting to feel depressed and the Texas State Fair is not even started yet. LOL.

9. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    good to see thatn myou held up your end of the deal. i think that the bucks will go undefeted this year.
    Go bucks

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Lesson learned...don't bet on college football. :lol:

But I have to admit, Ohio State's defense was sensational which I did not believe at the beginning of the season was possible. And with Smith, Gonzalez, and Ginn Jr. I think my prediction of Notre Dame taking it all this year is in jeapordy.

God I love college football.

Go Huskers
    SudDawg

11. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I really think Mack is a good head coach,i've allways thought that Greg Davis (the O.C.) wasnt worth .02! It seems that during the big games the "O" gets real conservitive,and during the little games the "O" looks unstopable! But on a plus note i was impressed with the red shirt freshman QB(Colt McCoy) he took some hits and made some mistakes but he hung in there.

12. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Mack has only 1 Big 12 Championship win.

13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    LOL, I'm soooo glad I don't gamble! See what happens...:big_smile: