A bait Question that pertains to Arkansas Laws!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Aug 10, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    A non B.O.C. member told me yesterday that it was against the law to put chicken livers in a panty hose to fish. I told him I have never heard this. He was adamant about he being correct. What are your thoughts.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I downloaded the fishing regulation handbook and did a search of the whole document for the word 'liver'. It ain't there! As a matter of fact, the only place that particular combination of letters appears in the handbook is in the word 'delivered', and that's only one time in the whole book.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I also put a mixture of sardines and fish flavored cat food in a panty hose to fish at times. serves as a chum bag with a hook in it. I hope this is not against the law!?

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top the only way thats against the law is if you throw the panty hose in the water when you are finished with it.then its litering.

5. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Or if someone was still wearing the panty hose, I can see where there would be a problem. :smile2:

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The regs have nothing saying anything about using a bag to hold your bait together. As poisonpitts said, though, discarding the bag in the water or on the bank is littering.

7. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Top:

I agree with Jerry and Poison. I guess now you are free to go on a Panty Raid to stock up on Pantyhose. LOL

Gene

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I can see top on a panty raid.LOL:smile2:

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    LMAO - first i heard of any of that! I am with the rest of ya.

10. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Don't tell the wife or girlfriend why you are takin them fishing til the last minute.. then say "Oh Honey, I really need those panty hose" LOL :0a20:

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Top has a real problem. If he uses his wife's pantyhose, when she finds out that he cut them up to hold chicken livers, it ain't gonna be pretty. If he gets them somewhere else, and she asks, "Where did you get those pieces of pantyhose?", he's gonna have a real problem making her believe he went to the store and bought them. Shoot, I wouldn't even believe that.

12. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I think someones jerkin yer chain Top! When it comes to fisherman or anyone for that matter, believe half of what ya hear and half of what ya see. LMAO Just like the baitman tellin ya thier bitin here and on this, his only job is to sell you bait. He dont know because he is in the bait house all day and only goes by what he is told, which is hearsay but turned the gospil truth to get in yer wallet. Know what I mean? Hope I didnt offend anyone. :eek:oooh:

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The folks who run baitshops are people just like the ones you run into everywhere; some are great people, and some are !#$&@. Some will lie to you, and others won't. Of course, they're often too busy to get out and fish themselves, so what even the honest ones tell you is what they've heard from fishermen. Here's an example. Years and years ago, I used to stop by a particular bait shop several times a week, mostly to jaw with the owner. One day he asked me if I would like to try out a new bait for bream. Seems his bait salesman had given him a few containers of a (new?) product called Wazplarva. I said sure, he got out a container of it, but when we looked at it closely, it didn't really look like wasp larva. Nevertheless, I took the container and gave them a try on the bait-sized bream I was catching for my trotlines. Not only did the bream go completely ape over that bait, but it stayed on the hook better than worms, crickets, or anything else I had ever used for bream bait. The bait? Maggots. In this case, some were natural colored, and the rest were dyed red, green yellow, or blue. I couldn't tell that any one color did any better than another, so I've used undyed maggots ever since. I told the baitshop owner that he had a real winner for bream bait, so he started stocking them.

14. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    (SLAP!!!) That I'm sure would be her only response...lol And to answer Top's question.... like everyone else said, it's bologna. Just knit the panty hose back and give it to your wife smelling like bait...:roll_eyes:

-Red

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well aren't you fellers amusing?

Even us girls who sometimes wear makeup on a fishing excursion forego the pantyhose! B'lieve I'd EXPECT to get thrown in if I was THAT prissy :wink:.

You could definitely HAVE 'em this time of the year Jerry, far as I'm concerned. Now if it's in the dead of winter, and I'm using them to provide extra warmth, you might have a bit of a fight on yer hands :tounge_out:. I wear 'em under my clothes out in the snow (well, when we used to HAVE snow), but haven't tried it fishing as of yet. A diehard BOC brother told me that they work great for him however (I think he's a big Joe Namath fan :smile2:.)

Oh, and a couple words of advice here: Ignore Redd's very last comment, 'cause THAT'S when the slapping might ensue :crazy:. Gross :eek:oooh:.

Top Sarge, I stock up on pantyhose and knee-hi's when they mark 'em down at CVS. Got quite a drawer full, and since I hardly ever wear 'em anymore, I'll be happy to send you some. Does any particular color or pattern work better than others :smile2:? Besides, then when you catch somethin' worth braggin' about, I can say I contributed to your fishing "gear" :wink:.

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey you men folk that buys their own do you pull your caps over your eyes and try to hide your face,s:wink:

17. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Pastor, I wouldn't pull my cap over my eyes! Besides, what is the difference in buying pantyhose than any other female products(you know what i mean) you have to buy?:smile2:

18. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

State:
    Near Monroe LA
    Hey Top you be careful and don't get slapped there.