A bad phone call--(not health related)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flysure1, Apr 30, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our daughter is getting married May 9th and we planned the reception for the Moose lodge just down from the church, I just got a call this afternoon where the lady said the Moose was closed for good today, we have near 275 rsvp's for the reception, a caterer planning on preparing a sit down for them, D.J. hired, I have been on the phone pleading with the moose district office guy to let us go ahead and use the building friday(to decorate) and saturday for the reception, I think they are going to let us--I am really hoping---when the lady told me this on the phone I just stood there not saying anything--kind of in shock---they are supposed to shut off the power the 6th, I have made a couple of calls trying to stop that, I offered to pay a couple of days utilities to hold it off---I am going fishing tomorrow and try to forget this mess---I haven't worked up the nerve to call my daughter yet.

2. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    I hope everything works out your way!!!

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tell 'em to elope A Rod. Send the RSVP's an invitation to the chivaree when they get back.

Saves ya a lot of bucks.

4. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I would be willin' to bet that conversation with your daughter will be containing some curse words! Hope everything works out for her big day!

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    i would hate to be in your shoes when it comes time to tell your little girl the news ,but u need to go ahead & do it so u can try to find somewhere else to hold it :eek:oooh:

6. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I talked to the District rep for Moose Lodge and he is going to try to let us use the building even though they are officially closed.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does the church have an Annex or Fellowship Hall that could be used, if all else fails? Were pulling for you, I hope all goes well.

8. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hope all works out man.

9. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The problem is seating 275 people---I think I have called the right people to keep the electricity on so we can pull it off--talk about stressfull.

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    well hope it all works out for ya GOOK LUCK

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You sure about that "not health related" comment??:smile2::smile2:
    We hope it all works out in your favor...:wink:

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Glad to hear that you will be able to have the reception.