9mm shotgun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by smokey, Jan 26, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone ever heard of a 9mm shotgun? when I was a kid a buddy of mine showed me one the shell wasnt much bigger then a cig butt. what were they good for?
    smokey

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Joe, you must be thinking of a 410 gauge shotgun. Never heard of a 9mm, but the 410 is close to the size you mentioned. :smile2:

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    The 9mm Rimfire Shotgun Shell was introduced in 1920 for the Winchester Model 36 ... 9mm Rimfire Shotgun Shell. what good it was i have no idea

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Joe I've heard of em,Glad Dale had a lil info on them,There were many "obscure " rounds back in the old days,progress left a bunch by the way side.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well some folks use those small shot shells for things like snakes and little things like that but you have to be pretty close for them to do any good.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Oops! :embarassed: Can't believe I never heard of that, but then even I wasn't around in the '20's. Grandkids will be glad to know that. :wink:
    Thanks for the info.

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    There were several guns made in that time frame. all were were on the same action , just different barrel lengths and chambering . This is my first 22 it is a mdl # 58.

Attached Files:

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I heard of 14 Gauge, and 32 Gauge guns, Old stuff, Back in the old days, folks would make anything trying to carve out a niche in the lucrative market of those days....Or, for special order

It's interesting how some made it,, and some did not,