#99 Fails Post Race Inspection

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Gordhawk, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The #99 of Carl Edwards was found to be too low in the right rear fender area in post race inspection. Be interesting to see how they will penalize the 99 team for this rules infraction.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am figuring 25 to 50 points as they said it did not look to be intentional. of course they are so precise i do not see how any infraction was not intentional. broken parts or a wreck is about the only way these guys are not responsible for the exact everything on the car.

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is the penalty that was handed down today by Nascar. I just got this info off of Nascar.Com

Carl Edwards, winner of Sunday's Nextel Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway, has been penalized 25 driver championship points due to rule violations found in post-race inspection.

In addition, those infractions have resulted in a $25,000 fine for Edwards' crew chief Bob Osborne, plus a penalty of 25 car owner championship points for Roush Fenway Racing. Osborne also has been placed on probation until Dec. 31.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I have a feeling the reason he didnt get the stiff penalty others have is because the rear of the car being lower in the back is not an advantage at Dover. It would be at Talledega or Daytona.
    Low is low though. Atleast the penalties are consistent.

In my opinion that was the main purpose of the COT. It knocks alot of the grey area out of the rule book.
    Creativity in the garage is out.