99 Cent store glow sticks

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by ckhismine, Nov 20, 2006.

1. ckhismine

ckhismine New Member

State:
    ohio
    Anyone try the glow sticks that they sell at the 99 cent stores. I have been and the seem to last a lot longer than the ones you buy at a tackle store. Use the ones that kids wear on there arms when using a slip bobber and this will bring in small bait fish. Just my 2 cents worth.

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    dunno bout any 99 cent store. i usually buy mine off the internet for about 15-18 cents apiece, they were around 10 cents apiece. I have bought some of the 8 inchers at the dollar store; i get i think 5 for a dollar.

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    We have a member ( Gene Chambers) that sells glow sticks that they say out last any you can buy in the store. Go to the sponser section and look up ArkWolf products( not sure if they was right).

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
  5. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    yep, $15.50 including shippin for 100 8 inchers is a good deal.

6. ckhismine

ckhismine New Member

State:
    ohio
    I can get a tube of 25 8 inch for 99 cents or a pack of 20 small ones 2 for 99 cents.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The ones that Gene sells last a long time. A whole lot longer then any I have seen from wal-Mart.
    You can buy some that cost less. but if they only last a few minutes they may cost more in the long run.
    Pete

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I got mine of e-bay for 6.95 for 250 of them. I got the inch and a half ones. A little scotch tape and it was taped to the end of the rod. Lasts almost all night.

9. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    I use the ones Gene Chambers sells, they are good and fresh. A lot of times, I have noticed them still slightly glowing the next evening. Can't get any better than that!

10. ckhismine

ckhismine New Member

State:
    ohio
    The ones I am getting hear in ohio have lasted up to 3 days and I know of no one that can fish in the dark for 3 days.