99 Boat Ramp at Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Cat Hunter, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Has anyone noticed how bad of shape the ramp at the 99 landing is in? Man when the water is down low, you better not launch your boat from the lake side of the ramp. The whole ramp is broken off at the lower end of the ramp. there is a drop off of about a foot on that side. I have in the past nearly pulled my axle of my trailer on that side. It messed up my leaf springs. I had to replace them. The other side is a little better but not by much. What can we do as a group to get this fixed? Can we call someone? Also the dock bumpers are all messed up.

2. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    SCE&G owns the lake & has a group that keeps the grass cut & up keep , I'll try to find a number for ya , should not be that hard to get fixed IF we get a hold of the RIGHT people

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its in bad needed of fixin. For safety reasons alone I would think they would do something to it.

4. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    I called lake Mangement & the guy promised me he would go & have a look, he also said that they might have to wait cooler weather , so that Pumped Storage wont be needed , so they can draw the lake down & keep it down so it can be repaired

5. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Allen!!! I am glad you were able to get in touch with someone. If they don't get it fixed by the end of the year, Give me their phone # and we both can aggravate them into fixing it.:big_smile:

6. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    hey bo, the 215 ramp maybe a little better im down their almost every sat, and mon, and i only unload at 99 when the wind is too rough cause try loading at 215 when the wind is blowing hard, good luck. anyways sat and this mon. the water was bad low but i didnt have any trouble.:wink:

7. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The next time you are down there when the water is down, walk down in the water about 10 ft or even with the 2nd pole on the floating dock. The ramp is broken off all the way across. If you are not careful you could really damage your trailer. Trying to save you from what I done. I ripped the leaf spring out from under my trailer there. I would not recommend anyone use the side facing away from the dock when the water is very low. There is about a 1 ft drop off in the crack on that side.

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
  9. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The 99 landing is the first one you come to. It is down the road that the rec lake entrance is on or down the road beside the Monticello EZ Mart. The 215 landing is the one right off of 215. Is this what you were referring to?

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yes thx I use the one next to the little lake just didnt know what rd it was on

11. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a 21' cc with a deep v hull. Its brand new 3 wks old. Which ramp should I use? I have fished at monty with Skipper alot but it was his boat and I didnt pay alot of attention. Oh yea this is mt first post and I really enjoy all of the great information in this forum. Thanks agin.

12. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I would use 99 ramp even though it is broke at the end I still like it better than the ramp near the ball feild.

13. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC AgentDuder.

14. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the help and the welcome

15. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC AgentDuder. The 99 landing is the better of the 2 ramps to me. Just back up with caution. Don't let your trailer get to far to the side away from the dock. There is a deep hole on that side. I saw a pontoon trailer back off in it last weekend and the guys had to lift it out of the hole then move to the other side of the ramp. The trailer had very small wheels. That makes a big difference.

16. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC duder.