98 Pound Blue catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Southerncats, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Some of you may know but my wife had our first baby girl (notice the outfit we have 3 boys) Wednesday so I was fortunate enough to sneak off and do a trip today that I had previously booked.

I got out with the Treadway's again today, we had a big time day and only missed getting that sought after triple digit by 2 pounds.......The current was really ripping today and some of the places I had been getting bit the fish had moved.....but when we found them today we found them...early on in the morning we doubled up with a 51 and 44 pounder within minutes we had a 23 Lber.....5 more minutes and a 54 pounder in the boat....later on in the day we hit another big time double 62 and 54 pounds....already a great day....Toni "Red" Treadway arrived late in the day and we were hoping to get her a 50+........but little did we know how big her first bite was, this was an epic battle of give and take for 10+ minutes, while she was fighting it another rod went off and that fish was around 30 lbs and it goes straight to tangle up in Red's line.....We got the 30 in front of the net and cut it off and scooped it and quickly unhooked and released it, another 5+ minutes and we have the big beatiful 98 pound blue in the boat....we weighed it several times trying to squeeze a few more pounds, measured it 54 inches x 38.5 inches, took a couple dozen pics on 3 different cameras, and released it back healthy as could be.

We caught the big fish and most of the others on Ronnie's Catfish Safari Rods and of course the trusty Team Catfish Circle Hooks.

Attached Files:

2. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Those are some nice cats what river were you on

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on the birth of your first girl. Oh, nice fish too!

5. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Congrats on the new addition to the family, it wont be long and she'll be in the boat with ya. Oh yeah, nice catch on the blues: Ya'll been tearing them up lately.

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    proud for you with the baby girl and the great catch

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats to you and your wife on the birth of your little girl. Nice blues also!

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the baby Girl, And the nice blues, Best of both worlds !!!!!!!

9. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    nice catch mike!!!!!!!!!:wink::wink::wink:

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Sounds like one heck of a day on the water. Congrats on the fish and the birth of your daughter. I guess the directions to your house are in the mail correct. You might add the best time to show up.:wink::big_smile:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Mike on the baby girl and 98# Blue Cat! :cool2: That is one heck of a busy week! :big_smile: Great pics!

12. Suthrngntlmn

Suthrngntlmn New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats to you and your wife on the new addition to your family, hope all is well. Nice Blue Cat also, soon you'll be teaching your little girl the finer points of catfishing.

13. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    :crazy: some brutes there, congrats on both the fish and a baby girl

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    WELL DESERVED reps sent out for your accomplishments.

Bill in SC

15. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    NICE CATCH!!

16. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Mike, Congrats on the baby girl! Nice fish, I'm getting excited! Nice work and some truly awsome fish! Thanks for the story and pics!

17. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Great job man! That's the best day I've ever heard of anyone having.

That 98 would have been a state record here in VA!

You mentioned the fish weren't in the same spots, I'm just wondering where you ended up finding them in terms of depth/structure/water location etc...Looking for any tips I can use back home. Thanks!

18. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    congrats on the little girl. them are some really nice fish

19. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats to you and your wife on the new baby girl Mike. And thanks for sharing the pictures and story on a great day of fishing.

Tom

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Couple of keepers for sure!! Congrats on both. Beutiful little girl and a fine fish to CPR!!