98 catfish caught

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cumberlandcat, May 26, 2009.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went down to the dam yesterday and slammed them. Nothing to big I think the bigger ones for the day were around 10 to 12lbs average was probably 2 to 3. Not bad for 7 hours of fishing and I had a buddy with me for about 4 1/2 hours so I did have a little help I think he caught around 20. For a total of 98 if I would have known I was that close to a 100 I would caught a few more I was just getting too hot and burned.

Attached Files:

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice mess of fish, what's your limits up there??? here it's 25 per person

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah our limit is 15, i think with just 2 people that would have been way over the limit, anyhows i thought you were gonna let me know when you where gonna go down there, id like to meet up with somebody to fish, maybe it's just tennesse, i don't know, besides the locals i already know that weren't on the boc

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What were you using for bait?

5. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Gah! Yea man, we gotta get together sometime so you can fill me in on some of your secrets! Looks like your gonna have one h*ll of a fish fry! I wonder if there's any fish left now! LOL

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Ever hear of Catch and Release? I'm not slammin' a guy for taking a few fish to eat but keeping 98 fish is a little excessive, don't you think? Just my thoughts.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was mainly using shad and skip jack, there must have been thousands down there as many as were being caught I doubt I hurt the population at all I must have missed a hundred bites. I actually donated all my meat this morning to the Nashville rescue mission those guys were excited as can be. I have a lot of fish frys and don't keep anything over 12lbs. So now my wife isn't complaining about freezer space and I can go fishing again. And once again I know those homless men and woman will enjoy them more than I could.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    good job chris, nice catch.

9. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    is there not a limit? im sure there is . but then again im not from here

10. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    no there is no limit on how many you can keep but you can only keep one 0ver 36 inches but anything from 1''-35'' you can keep all day long come on guys we're talkin about tennessee here some of the best catfish waters in the country theres plenty to go around:wink:

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    wasn't worried about you keeping them, just wondering what the limit is up there. reps for donating the meat. that's no different than the guides here putting 4 people on 100 fish every 4 hours, that's why they have limits set & if yall don't have any in Tennesse then the DNR obviously thinks there are plenty of small fish to go around....people should find out all the facts before they judge somebody on what they do, bet those guys will remember you for all those fillets....congrats on a nice haul

12. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Cograts on the catch. Don't worry about those Idiots who worry about How many You catch. Keep all you want as long as they don't go to waste. Ive only caught one cat this year but only because my health is keeping me from getting to them. I will go soon and keep my part. By the way I didn't see what dam you went to. Any of them should be good now though.

13. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    great catch and I am sure the homeless folks really appreciated your generous donation. Keep on catching and sharing the love and you will be blessed for it I'm sure. Thanks for posting my brother.

14. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I wouldnt want to clean that many fish either....

No limits here either but I sure dont need that many.

-Jim-

15. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    NICE JOB YOU GUYS DID GOOD.

16. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    :crazy:Congrats on all the nice fish:big_smile:.And it is very nice to see someone looking after those in need :wink: There is no limit to helping others :roll_eyes:
    THANKS BROTHER!!!:cool2:

17. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    i don't think one could be referred as an idiot for wanting to know what a legal limit is on catfish, since im new to the state, i think it should be call wise to want to know, so you should rethink your words, or maybe your one of those guys who just speaks before he reads or thinks so the term could probably go the other way

18. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I was refering to bombermans post. Keeping 98 fish He aparently didn't read the 98 was for 2 people but so what if one person keeps 98 if he uses them. I understand wanting to know the limit. I am still mad about the 36 inch rule. Those are the fish i prefer to eat.

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

"IDIOTS" Well ain't you just about a bad ass on a key board. :angry: It was all done legal and was his choice. But "IDIOTS" No need for that.

20. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    No...I read about the two people...but I stand by my words. Killing 98 fish at one time is excessive...even if it was 10 people. I would be willing to bet bubble gum, marbles or a busted jackknife that those fish didn't make it to any shelter...more likely they cleaned some of them and the rest went into the dumpster...but there's no way to get the whole story. Even though there's no limit and it's legal to keep that many, legal doesn't make it ethical. I'm not trying to start an uprising or anything but when I see that kind of disgraceful act, I call it.

Enough on this topic.