96 years old needs a good fish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dlongmo, Aug 8, 2009.

1. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have an old buddy that isnt in the best of health. He is 96 and lives to catch big blues. He told me a couple of days ago that he has one more fishing trip left in him so I really want to get him on a good fish. He lives around Truman dam area and that's where he likes to fish. When anyone starts catching some good fish i would really like to get him out there. If he were to catch one he would talk about it for years, he is a hell of a good guy. Between all the cat knowledge on here I think we can find him a big fish to reel in.

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I like what you are doing here, that would be totally awesome and very unselfish on your part!

I give you Reps for your thoughtfulness!!!

3. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    :006:Thank you, but I think anyone would make it a priority if they new this guy, he is as good a guy as you will find and he don't get excited unless you mention catching a big cat, then he turns into a kid again. Last time I took him fishing I told him to be ready at 7am, when I picked him up his daughter told me he had been up since 4am waiting on the front porch. So you can imagine how much he looks forward to catching these big old blues.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Wish i lived closer. Lot to be learned from ole folks. I hope he catches a hog.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Danny glad to have you here at the BOC. What you are attempting to do is without a doult a very unselfish deed! I am impressed indeed.

6. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    definitely an unselfish thing indeed, good people are becoming less in the world today, reps to ya brother

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    REPS bro to you, you are doing something for him that means more than any of us will ever know. I hope and pray he catches a hawg. Fishing is therapeutic, if he has a great trip and catches big ones, maybe he will be rejuvenated and want to go again and again. You never know. Best of luck, I hope you find the fish....if not its time well spent with a good man that neither of you will forget.

8. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If I should live to see 96 hope I'm still fishing and Blessed with a friend like you. Stay safe and reps to you!!!:wink:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Danny Reps to you for this kind gesture. You will make his day and he will relive this trip many more times.

10. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I think if he catches a good fish he will figure out he may have another fishing trip and so on. I am far from being a good cat man thats why I need your alls help with this deal because I promise you he will relive it over and over and I will be glad to listen to it over and over.

11. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    This guy was in pretty good shape, mowed his lawn, lived alone however he couldnt drive anymore. He decided he wanted to plow his garden so he gets on his tractor and gets out on the highway and gets hit. It broke the tractor in half, broke the back wheels off etcetc. Ever since he had this accident he has lost the ability to mow, live alone and it had taken a tole on his confidence. Fishing is all he has left, yes he is a little slow to load and unload, he cant hear a fog horn from 10 feet away but he is a lot of fun to fish with and big cats is what he loves. He is just like the rest of us in that sense.

12. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri

Im not working full time if you need some help with your buddy i could swing the gas and bring some bait and maybe even get him in the boat and make him relaxed.Hell if he wants a big blue ill paint my self and jump in the water to get a smile ...

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Danny glad to have you here at the BOC.

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    lmao

15. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds great, I promise you that when they start hitting below the dam my number 1 priority is to get this guy a big fish.:006: