Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start with I fish the mighty MO and run this boat for two years as a center console, wanted a change but didn't want change boats. Layed out a floor plan on paint and started the tear down last weekend. forgot to take before pics but I'am sure you can figure to out. Plans center console to dual console. move the console's up 17 inches, live well upgrade to 60 gallon and ad more storage. I'll keep the pics coming as I go. going to have to resize my pics to post, Have work on them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Console cut from live well and fitted. still have to add metal to front of console for reinforcement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By moving the console to the side and forward, I gained 17" of space in the rear of the boat. Will be working on building the left side console this evening. Once it's in place can figure if I want to keep the existing live well and ad on an secound in the front of it, or pull it and just have one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Sweet Todd!! Did you make the console or Buy one ready made? You do Super work Sir. Thank's for the Post.J.D.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I personaly like center console, how come you changed to side ?

Pat, I like the center also, but I do a lot of deer hunting north of here on the missouri and with 2 people the dual sides with large windsheilds will be nice when it's below the 30's.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
Is that a Model 1960 Roughneck?? It looks just like mine did.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is my thoughts , the live well on this boat is attached to the bottom of the boat. It pumps and drains through the bottom. What do you guys think about putting the secound live well in front of the original. run a valve from pump so you have the option of running the small well or both. Then comes the draining problem ? how about running 2 4" tubes with shut offs between the two. I posted a layout of my Idea. Lets see what your thoughts are.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
I wish mine had a larger live-well. I extended my front deck, made a back deck, added a 3000 watt gen and 7 quartz lights, 90 Merc + 9.9 Mariner + Electric Merc trolling motor. It does what I want.

I have had to go back to camp a lot of times when the live-well was full of fish, and we returned to put fish in cages and go back out.

I have a 160 quart Igloo that I have been thinking of using for an added live-well, when I need it. I have some real heavy plastic bushel baskets I have thought of using as a floating cage when running jugs. Then bring back in boat when heading back to camp.

I'm going to watch and see what yours looks like when your done. Maybe I'll add to my permanent live well size. I'll see what yours looks like.

Have fun re-doing your boat. I need to finish up changes I was doing to mine. I get kinda lazy with all the snow we have had. I just can't get my mind thinking spring and fishing, when every time I turn around we get more snow. I woke up Wednesday morning to 18 more inches of lake affect snow.

:big_smile::tounge_out::big_smile:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Looking good, man! I sure wish you would have started this earlier - I've probably got 20 hours in converting my side console to center - we could have both saved some time with a trade:smile2:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.