95lb blue catfish caught in virginia

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by mack in n.c., Aug 14, 2006.

1. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
  2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    That sure would be a nice catch. He even released the fish so that is great. His attitude is a good type to spread around the world of catfishing.

3. arky

arky Well-Known Member

State:
    kansas
    that is a awesome fish but the measurements seem wrong only 34 inches most cats on the miss river that weigh 90 plus are usually 30 plus in girth and about 57 inches long . but that probably is a type o . regardless thanks for sharing and congrads to anyone who catchs one that big

4. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    WOW nice fish.I bet that was a blast getting him in the boat.Thanks for sharing the article :smile2:

5. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The James has been producing some big ones. Two guys that I work with went out on sister boat charters last weekend down there. Overall the bite was slow but one boat caught an 86.5 lb blue and the other a 74 lb blue. I saw the pictures, nice fish. Some of the chater captains on the James do not think a 40 lb fish is worth a picture.

6. WHISKER BENDER

WHISKER BENDER New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Great catch man!Come on down and show us how it's done.I could use a good lesson or two.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad the fish was released, that is great to hear. A nice catch for sure.

8. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    nice story

Matt what do you say? we need to hook into one of those huh?