'95 Johnson 88

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by harper81, Mar 14, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    My buddy just got a pontoon with a '95 Johnson 88 on it. He bought it from a marina and the dealer that sold it to him said you don't mix the oil in the fuel, but failed to show him where to do this. It is model number J88TSLEOC. So where does the oil go? He can't find anywhere to put oil on the engine so he's lost. Any help?

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    If he is telling you that this motor is "oil injected" then that motor should have came with a seperate oil tank. I am a little confused here. If it did not come with a tank then it has to be pre mixed. Unless the tank is hidden inside the boat somewhere which is a good possiblilty. See if there is another line that looks like a fuel line connected to the motor, and follow it back.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That serial number does not match that year and model? An 88hp for that year does not mention a VRO unit on the Evinrude Parts Site. You sure he has the correct year and serial?

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    There is a 95 Johnson with that serial number. Still no mention of a VRO unit, sorry man wish I could help more. If it is infact a Johnson 88hp with that serial number I am pretty sure its gonna be premixed, unless something was added to that motor after market which I dont even know if thats possible or not.:wink:

5. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I told him to search for one inside the boat. He claimed at the marina they just put gas in the tank and went for a test run so hopefully it didn't need to be premixed.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The fuel is already premixed at the marina most of the time. That motor has to be pre mixed or it is a 4 stroke. I would go back to the marina and see for the model number doesn't match what they are telling him he has.