95 #'er on Tail Race Canal

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Mar 29, 2009.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I haven't seen it, but a guy caught a 95# Blue on Thursday night on the Tailrace Canal. They didn't have a certified scale to weigh it at the time, so they put it in a tank with some other catfish at the office; I'm hoping it's still there in the morning when I go in, so I can look at it. I understand Bass Pro's supposed to come get it, but I really hate to hear that part of it. Maybe I can find out more in the morning...

2. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Of course you tell us this right after I get the Family Open Catfish Tournament flyer in the mail. I think that would definitely win the biggest fish category.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thats a sure enough Pig,congrats to the guy that caught it,I like the BPS aquariums but I dont think they need to have a 95lb Blue Cat in there,they need to turn it loose where it was caught and let it live peacefully and hopefully be caught again by a CPR angler:wink:

4. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Matt, I was thinking: "if I can just get them to leave the fish in the tank until after that tournament".... :wink:

Marty, I feel the same way about the big fish and display tanks. The track record for transporting those trophy fish to BP or similar large aquariums isn't exactly 100%...:sad2:

5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I was told Bass Pro picked up the fish over the weekend, so I didn't get to see it. Maybe someone got a pic somewhere along the way that I can get.

6. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I wonder which BPS it will go to

7. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I was wondering, too, Brandon. If I can find out, I'll post..

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I got a call from my daughter, whose husband, Brock, works with Mark, the guy who caught the fish. Rather than Bass Pro picking up the fish, as was assumed by my source, the fish apparently died on Friday night. I know on Friday when I got a call about the fish, it was having a little difficulty staying upright, but was thought that it might be ok.
    I don't know any more details than this. Mark has some pics; supposed to email them to Brock....

9. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    That's to bad.:sad2:

Now it will be table fare for all of SC./GA. and NC. That's one hog of a Blue right there!!!:smile2:

10. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    That is a real shame:embarassed:

11. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Most likely if it lives it might go to bass pro at myrtle beach area.:cool2:

12. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I think they have a salt water aquarium @ Myrtle Beach BPS.

13. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Doesn't matter too much, now that it died. Mark went and recovered it, but I don't know what he did with it; dressed it out, I suppose.

14. SloWater

SloWater New Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for the postings on this fish. Tommy if you can get to the pictures will you post them. I like to catch and eat fish, but a fish like this, what can I say except, I like big fish.
    Actually I like all fish, even my baits.
    Thanks all, Gordon