94 Dodge Intrepid problem!

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by dinkbuster1, May 17, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    freind of mine had her ex replace the head gaskets on her 94 dodge intrepid, and now it has developed another problem. it idles really fast now, 3000 rpm and we cant seem to figure out what is going on. i went to take a look at it today and locked the keys in the car so nothing can be done until tomorrow so im hoping to find someone who might know what the problem is by then. eveything seemed to be hooked up as far as wires go, and no loose vacum lines either. im pretty good at diagnosing problems but these newer cars (anything with a computer or fuel injection) have me puzzled sometimes....

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sounds like a vaccum leak or the idle air control soleniod might be stuck. If it happened right after the head gaskets were put on I would say more a vaccum leak. Probally in the intake or plenum area. Take a squit bottle of water with the engine running and squirt around everything. If there is a leak you will here it pretty good when the water hits it.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks! turns out doofus didnt replace the paper plenum gasket! runs great now......what a bafoon!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Dink, next time try locking the doors AFTER you get the keys out!!!!! :big_smile:

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh yeah, i forgot. guess that makes me a "bafoon" too.:big_smile: