93 lb Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by patrickgd, Jan 1, 2009.

1. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I came across a pretty entertaining story about a BIG Blue Cat. It seems like allot of the Goliath Size cats get caught by plain ole dumb luck. Go figure :tounge_out:

http://www.mtidachamber.com/blue/blue.html

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That was a true trophy fish. Thanks for posting the link. Its a shame that it no longer swims in the water.:crazy:

3. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    go figuer. most people fish a lifetime for a fish like that. somebody comes along like that with (subpar equipment and bait) and catch a fish of a lifetime. nice fish to bad it had to die

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Nice fish, can we say CPR!!!

5. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    no doubt a trophy fish...its a shame that its dead:sad2::sad2::sad2:

6. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Great story. Tahnks for posting it.

7. skbrilo

skbrilo Member

State:
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for the link.

8. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    ya know, I wish I could shake this guys hand and tell him that fish was approximately 40 years old and died hanging from a rope just because he wanted to show off. TAKE A PICTURE AND LET IT GO! Thank you all for bringing up the cpr. Yes thanks for posting this link man, everyone likes to see on that freakin big!!! just wish it was still kickin!

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :sad2:WHAT A WASTE !!.Wonder what they did with it after all the ordeal of showing it off and letting it die.Been just as easy to of took a picture and CPR'd it .No reason to kill a creature like that for no reason.

10. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I hope I'm not being too "steryotypical" but it seems that folks you see fishing with $15 rod and reel combos and stinkbait or hotdogs are lookin to keep anything they can manage to catch especially a bigg'un. I guess they gotta make sure they get there $$$ worth for all they spent on tackle, bait, liscences etc. :smile2:

Also,I just find it baffling that someone can go "on vacation" and just happen to catch a catfish that "guides" will spend 20 years of day in day out fishing for and never catch. Truly amazing!

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I could care less what he caught it on. But if your interested in trying to obtain the state or world record, at least MAKE AN ATTEMPT to keep the fish alive..Good Lord, I mean it says he used the handle of the net to shove the rope through its gills, it says he used his feet to get it on the bank, then he just throws it on some ice so it can just suffocate and gasp for air..Wasnt even the record, maybe people should know what their trying to break before they "think" it could be a record.

12. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ya know my eyes are gettin a little worse now that Im the whopping age of 27 but, is that a drink holder mounted on your arm in your avatar? Man there is someone out there that thinks of things just like me. Thats lazy my friend and I LOVE it. LOL

13. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Seems that's the way it goes sometimes. I wish someone would rub off some of that luck on me. It is too bad the fish couldn't have been kept alive, maybe it would have turned into a state record:confused2:.

Sean!

14. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL...Dude I think thats a pop bottle tied to his lip gripper in case it falls in the water it will float..I dont think its an arm beer holder..HAHA..But that would be sweet:roll_eyes:

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    That mean I am probably the only one who has thought of it then. Don't you all agree that it is just way to far to reach all the way to the pop can holder on the side of the boat??? Thats gotta be like 1-2 feet. LOL

16. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    LOL... no I don't have a drink holder mounted on my arm. The empty coke bottle hanging there is tied to the lip grip as a float.

17. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    spit can, lip gripper floatation device all in one. Patent pending??? LOL:smile2: You know that brings me to a story that I havent told on the boc yet because my uncle would be mad at me for tellin on him. Nice pair of 60 dollar cabellas lip grips, my uncle tried for the first time on the very first fish and guess what!! He didnt strap his hand to the grippers. Soooo that meant that some poor catfish was swimmin around with a pair of grippers on his lips because he got the fish but the grippers slipped out of his hand. anyways, were big time cpr fans and I always remind him about the little channel cat that probably died because he had a 60 dollar pair of lipgrips stuck to his face till he finally died. I really don't figure a fish could get those things off do you??? Anyways, that contraption you call a pop bottle would have been nice that day.

18. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    That article makes me optimistic. If dumb luck is a factor then I stand a chance at a big un:smile2:

19. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I hope you get a good ol' BIGGUN Nanny! Thanks for sharing a different take on the story.

20. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    Great fish i could only dream of catching something that size.