92 mariner 50elpt

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by scott1, May 3, 2007.

1. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a 1992 Mariner 50 hp, it starts great, idles great but when I go full throttle it will bog out on me. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this, I figured I would ask you guys before I start investigating on my own. Thanks.

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sounds like it's not getting all the gas it needs at full throttle, but why,

Air leak somewhere
    Fuel restriction
    Fuel pump
    Carbs need attention, cleaning or adjusted

If your stationed in the Jacksonville area, it'll take you about 1 1/2 hrs to get it to my house. We can check it out, or keep on guessing.

Marines get a hell of a discount.:lol:

3. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am not to far from Jax, I am actually at cherry point but I live in New Bern. My boat is still up north, I should have it down here with me later this month. I am going to clean the carb and check for leaks once I get her down here, if that doesnt help I will definetly throw some business your way. Thanks alot and I will keep in touch.

4. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I just want to let you know that I started searching for leaks first and found a small crack in my fuel line. I replaced the hose and she runs like a champ now. Thank you for the help, I owe you one.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thanks for the follow up. Those easy ones are few and far between but are always good to have when it comes to a repair.:cool2:

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Like Bubba said, we apreciate the follow up.

Take care of that fuel system and you'll be 90% trouble free. Glad it was an easy fix.

I work with two guys retired from the Navy. They say you Marines get confused real easy. I don't see it personally. I believe they're just jealous of your pretty uniforms:big_smile: