92 ford F250 diesel , transmisssion problem

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by catstalker459, May 29, 2007.

1. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    guys

what is cuasing my F250 to shift out of gear. u can shut it off and then start it right back up and it runs fine. my friends are telling me a brake controller on the transimission or is it just the electronic control for the tranny. its not slipping its just comes out of gear.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm not sure exactly what transmission is in the truck, but I think it would be modulator or something similar. It may be something in the valvebody of the transmission, but again, I'm not sure and autos are best looked at by experts. PM transman, he owns a tranny shop in FL. He should be able to help you out.

3. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    thanks alot

and how do i contact him i cannot find him on here have him pm catstalker 459. its an automatic and i work on cars alot but this one has me stumped lol

thanks alot buddy

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    it should be an E4od tranny.

The first thing I would do is change the screens and flush it out and put new fluid in it. Clogged screens and old fluid can cause problems if that does not work then you will probably have to take it to a shop.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Trnsman, I think is his screen name and he is in FL. I Pm'd him and he helped me with my Durango not wanting to shift. He pointed me right to the problem which ws sticking throttle valve cable. It sounds like you may need some valve body work, but since it is not slipping, then your clutch packs ar probably OK and I would let a tranny shop just go in and fix what the problem is and let it go. I don't think a full rebuild will be necessary. Your problem may be electronic, but from what I've seen it sounds mechanical.