90-year old hunter

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Ace, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 — Richfield’s most famous hunter didn’t take long to get her daily limit of wild turkey on the first day of hunting, April 8.

Katie Watson, the 90-year old hunter extraordinaire, bagged an 18-pound gobbler at 7 a.m. while hunting on family land near Richfield with her grand-nephew, Kevin Barringer.

Watson, whose deer hunting exploits were featured by the SNAP in February 2005 (she’d killed 26 since turning 80), missed out on deer hunting this year due to battling shingles.

“They nearly killed me and laid me up for four months,” said Watson, who missed the only buck she got a shot at this year.

“I just had the sight checked on my rifle and it was off six inches,” Watson said. “That explains why I missed.”

:look_down:

:cat:

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    One nice looking Turkey, thanks for sharing Ace.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How wonderful to be that age and still out doing what she loves to do! I say go for it grandmother it makes a body feel good to know that there is hope for doing fun things even when you're up in years! Thanks for sharing Ace.pk powell:big_smile:

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thats a great story. I hope Im still chasing turkeys or anything else at that age. Congratulations to her...

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I hope Im still hunting when Im half that age, much less 90, go granny.

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Gotta' love it!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That was great! Thanks for sharing that with us Ace! I wish I could get around that good now at '33'.

8. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Great picture!! I am glad to see that she is still able to get out there. Maybe she will get a deer this year. Good luck to her and thanks for sharing!!

9. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Not too many women like her anymore..men either.

Robert